• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What would be the best way for a newbie web designer to sell web templates?

mark1221

Hello there.

I recently got into web design and development and I'm happy to say I got quite a nice collection of templates and logos I have created. What would be the best and easiest way for me to sell those?
Obviously I do not intend to charge big bucks and even if they're going to sell for 1cent each, the experience of creating the websites is much more valuable to me than the cash.

So how should I go about doing this?
Thanks a lot for the responses!

Best way to go about it.

Show off your work in a portfolio on your website.

Remember, most online businesses FAIL because the owner doesn't actually search for clients, they advertise for clients. :)

Actually I do not have a site, I thought I wanted to run one but it was too much work and I'd rather spend my small amount of free time on designing templates rather than maintaining a website, which is a lot of work as I have already seen!
Perhaps there is a website which lets you showcase your work and sell it? Again, I'm not a professional and I do not expect the templates to sell for a lot. It's just the experience and portfolio which interest me!

Actually I do not have a site, I thought I wanted to run one but it was too much work and I'd rather spend my small amount of free time on designing templates rather than maintaining a website, which is a lot of work as I have already seen!
Perhaps there is a website which lets you showcase your work and sell it? Again, I'm not a professional and I do not expect the templates to sell for a lot. It's just the experience and portfolio which interest me!

Generally you can get away with a basic website, which shows you are a designer, people get in contact with you, and you then show them your portfolio in a flip display book. That can be done. Just because it is website design, doesn't mean you have to do everything online. :wink2:

Back