• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What would you want from Glacier Host?

Schmarvin

Cross Industries
NLC
I will soon be purchasing another small server for free clients. Would you be more interested to choose us without having to give us any of your information? We're interested to hear what you say.

Also, give some features or ideas you'd like to see implemented.

I have no problems to give you my real details as long as my e-mail address and contact details won't be sold to some company for "e-mail marketing".

I have no problems to give you my real details as long as my e-mail address and contact details won't be sold to some company for "e-mail marketing".

Your details are always safe. When we fell through the first time, well over a year ago. We removed any trace of clients/members. If your name or address gets added to any type of marketing scheme, we'll have it removed, and we'll even give you $20 for your trouble. We guarantee your information is safe. Whether your a free member or a paying client.

I will soon be purchasing another small server for free clients. Would you be more interested to choose us without having to give us any of your information? We're interested to hear what you say.

Also, give some features or ideas you'd like to see implemented.

Hi Sean.

By now you know that the information question is a showstopper for me. And generally I put up with a modest amount of bumpiness because a host is free. The quick rule from my project side is as long as the bumpiness is reported, on the White Bar level there's a lot of leeway for how long it takes to fix - I just rotate my spread to stick another host on "Lead" for the daily jump-page. It's up to you if you still want a White Bar. DGCWO is doing fine on that slot.

Meanwhile for a feature, it's not clear what panel you are using, but I wondered about a "service-hack" where you/host maintains a "null" panel that permits longer usernames, then import it over. I've had a couple variants of this 10 letter username for 20 years on the web, so it was a little sad to get to the free host side of things and have chopped variants of it.

Hi Sean.

By now you know that the information question is a showstopper for me. And generally I put up with a modest amount of bumpiness because a host is free. The quick rule from my project side is as long as the bumpiness is reported, on the White Bar level there's a lot of leeway for how long it takes to fix - I just rotate my spread to stick another host on "Lead" for the daily jump-page. It's up to you if you still want a White Bar. DGCWO is doing fine on that slot.

Meanwhile for a feature, it's not clear what panel you are using, but I wondered about a "service-hack" where you/host maintains a "null" panel that permits longer usernames, then import it over. I've had a couple variants of this 10 letter username for 20 years on the web, so it was a little sad to get to the free host side of things and have chopped variants of it.

With over 100 free users hosted, no complaints about the information, except from you. So, it may just stay as is.
Secondly, we use cPanel. Although it hogs a lot of resources, we run a stable build and try to refrain from updating at peak hours.
Last, because we use cPanel, we cannot change from 8 characters length to 10 characters or more. Its just there system, and I'm not a professional programmer. Nor can I tamper with their copyrighted source code.

Back