• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what wrong with .tk domains?

joey0234

why is everyone buying .com's and .net's and ect. when they have a .tk? it is a good idea to have .com or the others cause makes it look way more porfessional but if your just having a little like blog or something I suggest trying out a .tk

.tk domains have pop-ups and I hear they also contain spyware or something.

if u want a free domain like that u can get one with dns at ripn.net or if the mail system doesnt work for you (like me) try searching the internet for a .uk.to its a subdomain but its looks good lol

I like the fact of having DNS. This way, if I wan't to access a directory, I don't have to type in my old URL and if people wan't to link to a certain page, they can't use the .tk. Plus, they have a popup. If it wasn't for these things, I would still have a .tk. uni.cc provided DNS control but they don't anymore, if they did, I wouldn't even have a .net domain.

".tk"s don't have path forwarding, nor subdomains, nor anything :p. It works just as a poor redirect (and it's slow at times). The only good thing is that it's short. But I didn't like it very much...

I made it where it doesnt mask making the domain redirecter load faster I also found another good url redirecter www.pbstudios.1fx.net

EDIT : oh sorry about not answering your question moose when you go into your .tk account whatever click on the Dot TK linker Promo and click no banners and boom! also I tried to go to your site moose didnt work...... :cry2:

Last edited:
Internet users purchase the Major TLD's (Top Level Domains) such as .com and .net because they are professional as well as reliable. Domains such as .tk arent known worldwide exclusively like the big TLDs are and arent very reputable like danethicalhost and overrulehost mentioned.

In my personal opinion, if you wish to be taken serious, want to have a good image and want overall good results the TLDs are the way to go especially if you are offering things such as products or services on the internet.

Last edited:
He sis mention though, that they are good if you only have a blog or something. Of course any major business or a site who sells soemthing will wan't a TLD. And I am sure he was just refferring to the small, blogs and such.

Back