• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Whats the deal with "no ads"?

Gayowulf

G-d
NLC
What we discuss here is free web providing services.

When we put up a site, many of us want all the desireable options like ftp, lots of space, cgi *no ads*. we choose a FWP based on these criteria. Once our site is up, one usually wishes to put up some paying banners to make a little money for incentive. The site grows and finally we think to ourselves "Gee those banners my FWP puts up sure are ugly, big, annoying,distracting and make me look cheap. I want to find a free server without them." Then the search is on. If one stopped and thought about the situation in such a way that they realized that, like them, a FWP needs money to keep going, hence the banners they put on your site. That is the whole reason FWPs exist; to make a buck off banners on some person's site. in other words you are your FWP's bi*c*.

At first the FWP starts small with good support and options to entice would be webmasters. The FWP starts making big money and all of a sudden the support is gone the banners are bigger the space is less. The webmasters no longer matter it is all about the bucks. sometimes the bait is a *no ads* feature (for about a week).

The bottom line is YOU make the FWP money with your site. If they hosted you with no ads for free whats in it for them?

Gayowulf is correct...

...in order to offer a free servcie there must be some advertising.

The return for the webmaster is in terms of easy building, technical support, "community", traffic, regularly updated free ad ons, free email.

A FWP really should appreciate its home builders as they ARE its content. Free technical support still exists ar FortuneCity and if you want something else just ask ( you never know! ), if you're a good site they'll want to keep you.

Re: Gayowulf is correct...

Originally posted by alanm
Free technical support still exists ar FortuneCity and if you want something else just ask ( you never know! ), if you're a good site they'll want to keep you.

Since last August the "Free" technical support by the volunteers at Fortunecity disappeared. I know. I was one of them. Since then the technical support has been maintained somewhat by the paid staff, most of which are in New York. Just before they let the volunteers go, staff was laid off to the tune of 40%. Yes, it may still exist; but how long are you going to wait? As far as good sites go... I guess if you consider warez sites "good" FC is the place to be. I reported one such site two months before I left. It is still there.

yea

Dont have to crucify them. they are a business. Also i gues there is a limit to how much support you can offer to millions of user but they should atleast make an attempt. Another good kindly server is evilzz.net.

Back