• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

When bad things go right.. sort of..

Robert

NLC
NLC
What a day!

Made an error at work, entered to buy 20,000 shares of a stock instead of 2,000 shares. I caught it right as it was going in but the system wouldn't let me cancel it.. :doh!:

So instead of it being $43,100 dollars, it came out to $431,000. After trying to cancel the order for a good minute and a half (the order was being executed at 100 shares at a time, so took a while), I just laid my head on my desk and closed my eyes. My boss came over and I told her what was up and she started trying to cancel the order too..

In desperation I called the trading desk, pleaded my error asked for help! He said he would look into it and get back to me.

In the end, the client got their 2,000 shares, and we made a $13 dollar profit. *WHEW*! What save. It could have been a bad day, instead we turned around with a small profit.

How bad things can go right.. or at least not as worse as originally thought.

I can't say the name of my company or the stock we were trading.

But yes, I work for a stock broker.

And Johnson, nope, can't keep the $13 dollars. It has to go in an error account.

oh ok :( I want to buy same stocks.. I've heard Toyota and Orical are good?

to bad Johnson :(

I've also thinking of getting same Apple stock :D

They seem to be doing well :)

I thought you were going to say you bought the 20,000 and the company stock went way up at that instant, you sold, and now your stinkin rich.

I thought you were going to say you bought the 20,000 and the company stock went way up at that instant, you sold, and now your stinkin rich.

This is where I was thinking the story was gone as well. In my head, I see poor, desperate Robert standing on the ledge of a tall building, about to end it all, when, from inside the office, a report is heard on the stock market channel:

"And in other news, Underdog Inc. jumped 10 points today, making the client that bought 200,000 shares giant ----ing billionaires"

and then Robert would smile and dance, and in the midst of the tomfoolery still manage to slip and fall off the ledge anyway. Yet still manage to post about it now.

Back