• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Where are downloaded Internet files stored?

conkermaniac

VIP
NLC
I downloaded a file, and it got saved to my Temporary Internet Files folder. I can't find this folder, though. I'm using Windows XP...can anyone help?

I saw one in C:\WINDOWS\Temp\Temporary Internet Files, but that one doesn't seem to have anything in it.

Tools/Internet Options, 'Settings' under temporary internet files, then pick "View Files".. if you can't see it there and you're sure it's supposed to be in there, "cd" to it from a command prompt then do "dir /s filename".
It has a number of different folders under it which you wouldn't see with explorer.

(A regular search for it from the start menu should work fine as well :))

Or you could start to download another file and look at the tree where it's downloading to (in the Save dialog box, you know) or right-click the file and hit copy (also in the Save box)...it'll save all files to the same place, unless you tell it to save to somewhere else.

However, your Temporary Internet Files folder is generally in:
C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

Back