• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

where can I get free ms sql database access?

ha ha . Trenz you obviously don't know about MS SQL. It's Microsoft SQL, the second most selling product after Orcale. Now don't ask me what Orcale is ;)

Originally posted by LastActionHero
ha ha . Trenz you obviously don't know about MS SQL. It's Microsoft SQL, the second most selling product after Orcale. Now don't ask me what Orcale is ;)
Of course, the only reason it's second to Oracle, is that mySQL is free, and therefore doesn't 'sell'.

Originally posted by Satelk

It's not true.
You won't get MSSQL for free anywhere, it costs too much, it's like Oracle, have you ever found a free host with it? I don't think so.

www.brinkster.com

the general membership

Cost: FREE!
    • .NET Framework Beta 2, Mobile Internet Toolkit Beta 2
    • 30 MB of Space, No Ads on Your Site
    • ASP 3.0 Support, MS Access Databases
    • Web Based File Mgr, ADO & FileSystemObject

and i have tested this and it works

Terahertz: www.integricity.com provides Win2K hosting with MS SQL Server 7.0 database. It's not yet posted on their site but if you are interested, I can give you more details.

BigPerm: MySQL won't be the #2 on the list even if it is a paid DBMS. Why? Coz it lacks in functionality like Stored Procedures and Triggers. PostgreSQL would be a nice bet for #2 but still, MS SQL Server has a more user-friendly interface and powerful engine.

Originally posted by gyrbo
I saw MSSQL7 for 50$ in a shop.

Must be the single user version.

-tuw- MS access DB support is different from MS SQL support. Access DB is a very scaled down version of MS SQL server. It doesn't support all the features and it very crude compared to all the other db products out there.

Back