• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Where web hosting is better?

It really depends on your needs and your websites needs, if you search around the forums you will find lots of different offers from all types of free webhosts.

If in doubt do a bit of research on the company, and if possible test them.

It really depends on your needs and your websites needs, if you search around the forums you will find lots of different offers from all types of free webhosts.

If in doubt do a bit of research on the company, and if possible test them.

Additionally also check the reviews of the hosts that you have shortlisted. Talk to people on the forum and you'll have a fair idea.

Generally it's best to host as close as possible (i.e. same country) as the majority of your site visitors, so they will get the quickest possible load times

That would to be a good option if you have a site that has global visitors. But for visitors within the country it would work because you are sure that there would'nt be hits from out of the place

I completely agree .. Are free hostings being put on a seperate server? .. or are they on the same server as paid hostings? ...

You can choose the hosting site as per your requirements. Decide first whether you are going to use free or paid hosting services and search for the sites through google or yahoo to select the hosting suitable for you.

Hi
I want to hosting a website but i am confuse where i host my website.

So plez suggest me.

That would also depend on the content of your website.

But again, the question arises, what is it that differentiates free hosting from paid hosting?

The 99.9% Guarantee means more as you can sue if you do not meet that guarantee. Why a free hoster puts that is beyond me (other then a marketing ploy) since there is nothing worthwhile that you can give should you fail to meet the quota.

Sure you can give more space and transfer, but I bet 99% arent reaching near that so useless there as well as if they have a bum service to start with.

Paid Vs. Free

But again, the question arises, what is it that differentiates free hosting from paid hosting?

ROUGHLY, a level of quality and how much you get in specs. My rule of thumb is I have a handle on some very good free hosts, so if I were to go paid, they would have to amp up their offering even more.

Offering a free host is a good place to learn stuff. If it goes down, it's "just my time lost". (All users should keep backups of their own data!). If I were to get into a paid relationship, and something sour went on, the instinct is to try to get the money back, and sometimes ugly things occur in that arena.

Well to start search for a web hosting you need to decide (firstly):
1. What will be your audience;
2. Which region you will targeting;
3. What CMS you will use (so that you would find the right web hosting service which would be able to provide a support);
3. What is the size of your website and what expansion possibilities are you thinking;
4. What payments methods web hosting accepts;
5. Read reviews about web hosting companies, look for promo codes, etc.

Hi
I want to hosting a website but i am confuse where i host my website.

So plez suggest me.

Well what do you look for in something before buying it?

Do you want to buy something that's going to be around for a long time, that you can count on to be there when you need it no matter how bad things are?

Or are you more interested in something that's going to be fast and furious, but might not be there a year later.

That's what it comes down to in the hosting world. Hosts come and go overnight, even names that have been around for years will suddenly sell out on a whim.

What kind of website are you making? A blog? A company site? A photo album?

Once you figure that out, try making a request and see what offers people make hosting your site.

There's plenty of hosts here, but the decision of which to use and what features you want are ultimately up to you. It's worth looking into what's available.

Different hosts also offer different capabilities too.

Some site templates only work correctly on certain hosts because of what their servers are built using. For instance my server cannot host a site that uses .ASP, as I don't have support for that program language. You need to figure out what you are going to be using so that you can choose a host that supports it.

Last edited:
Hello,
it's really good post for all
i have my own website and i am looking for web hosting
please guide me
Thanks

As I mentioned you before you need to be clear which region you will be targeting with your website. If your visitors are mainly from Europe when I guess you should look for web hosting company in Europe if in the US the same thing.

Also you need to consider what you will be hosting will it be adult content, will it be huge news wire, etc. Also think about what size will be your website so maybe you better go for VPS or dedicater, but I think as you have the primary knowledge of web hosting when you better of shared (for the first use)

Back