• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which Browser Do You Use?

I said it doesn't necessarily reflect quality, because it can.
Market share is clouded by the fact that most firefox and opera users cloak as IE to view some web pages.
So you can only use whatever that commercial developer provides, instead of thousands and thousands of extensions, which are reviewed and rated by a large community of users and developers.
I wouldn't let random people build parts for my car, no matter how they are reviewed and rated.
Safari is on the iTouch, yet Opera and Firefox aren't. Does that mean Safari is better than both of them?
Not both of them, but I'd say that since Opera --> DS and Safari -->Itouch... they are both better than Firefox, because of their ability to scale down to lower specced machines.

So there. Also, how much memory is your Firefox using right now? pix pls.

EDIT: Also, Ben, I think that Firefox is a different beast on linux. I don't have any problems with it on linux. I am arguing against Windows Firefox.

Market share is clouded by the fact that most firefox and opera users cloak as IE to view some web pages.

I wouldn't let random people build parts for my car, no matter how they are reviewed and rated.

Not both of them, but I'd say that since Opera --> DS and Safari -->Itouch... they are both better than Firefox, because of their ability to scale down to lower specced machines.

So there. Also, how much memory is your Firefox using right now? pix pls.

EDIT: Also, Ben, I think that Firefox is a different beast on linux. I don't have any problems with it on linux. I am arguing against Windows Firefox.
1) What?
2) I would. Just because people are getting paid, doesn't mean they're better.
3) Has anyone tried putting firefox on a mobile device?
4) I said firefox uses more ram than it should, but it doesn't affect me, because I have enough ram. Besides, firefox 3 fixes this.
5) It may be because I'm on a mac, but opera is just so clunky and jank for me.

Face it. You're only defending Firefox because you love to debate.
1/2 true.

Debating firefox & Opera is like debating windows and linux...
You could go on for ever and at the end of it neither party will change there minds.
& Yesh linux ver of firefox is totaly differnt... Just loox da same.

Random people based firefox off of mozilla/netscape, so it is comperable.

The original Mozilla project was spun off of Netscape Navigator 4.x code, yes... but since then, every subsequent Netscape (6-whatever they're at now, nobody really uses it) has been based off of the Mozilla codebase. Not visa-versa.

Random people made Firefox in the first place, as it's an open-source product, so they're really not comparable.

The original Mozilla project was spun off of Netscape Navigator 4.x code, yes... but since then, every subsequent Netscape (6-whatever they're at now, nobody really uses it) has been based off of the Mozilla codebase. Not visa-versa.
Good thing we are not talking about Netscape. So what you are saying is that I am right and development on firefox went from commercial application --> random people? Like in my car analogy? Awesome.

I don't want this thread to die with anyone thinking that I had given up or lost this debate.

No, I don't think your car analogy compares. The commercial Netscape codebase was so long ago, it's like having your car entirely rebuilt by hobbyists. Pimp My Browser. ;)

So what you are saying is that I am right and development on firefox went from commercial application --> random people?
Random people have done great things. No commerical entity can even start without random people.

No, I don't think your car analogy compares. The commercial Netscape codebase was so long ago, it's like having your car entirely rebuilt by hobbyists. Pimp My Browser. ;)
So you want an old, broken car rebuilt by hobbyists or one fresh off the assembly line?

This is so appropriate, old broken fixed up car/browser leaks oil/memory.

Opera.

Also, I think the Queen album 'A Night at the Opera' gives further credibility to my claim.

And I am going to take this car analogy as far as I can.

I drove a car that leaked oil for at least a year. If I could have had it rebuilt by hobbyists for free so that it was updated very frequently (nightly builds) with new features with a few new bugs, but still leaked oil, I would definitely have let them.

I drove a car that leaked oil for at least a year. If I could have had it rebuilt by hobbyists for free so that it was updated very frequently (nightly builds) with new features with a few new bugs, but still leaked oil, I would definitely have let them.

Are you saying that you would choose that option over a brand new one straight from the factory for free? (That did not leak oil of course)

Back