• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which is more productive for the webmaster?

rhianna

I read this article about Google Adsense.

Please share your opinion(s) in very general terms: should a webmaster concentrate on affiliate products from places such as Commission Junction/Linkshare or does Google Adsense have the capability to bring in more revenue?

Should the webmaster use a combination of affiliate promotions and Google Adsense?

If a webmaster has multiple blogs, does Google Adsense insert itself on all blogs or is it possible to specify one?

Do some webmasters put Google Adsense on a main website (besides a blog)?

I wasn't even considering using Google Adsense until I read the above article. Does the above article exaggerate, or is Google Adsense the next best thing since sliced bread?

In general terms, if you have had experience with Google Adsense, did you have a good experience or does Adsense give more hassles than benefits?

I've had good experience with Commission Junction and Linkshare: both affiliate programs have good reporting/accounting mechanisms and I will continue to affiliate with them.

I affiliate with Amazon.com but their payment threshhold is so high that I have never received a check from them. I still continue to affiliate with Amazon.com because I think they are a good company and maybe if I write more book reviews in the future, I'll be more successful in promoting their products.

If Google Adsense has too high a payment threshold, I think I'll just opt out.

I have one blog that I am thinking of adding Google Adsense to, but I hesitate. Is it worth it? What is your opinion?

Thanks in advance :)

Me and my girlfriend both HAD adsense on our blogs for a month.
when we cross the $8 barrier they cancelled our accounts, saying that we promote our users to click adds
havent tried again

BUGabundo said:
Me and my girlfriend both HAD adsense on our blogs for a month.
when we cross the $8 barrier they cancelled our accounts, saying that we promote our users to click adds
havent tried again
If you want to regain your adsense account, you should write them confessing any time with polite and honest request where you or your users clicked on ad or did something against their TOS. You should also point out the step and measurement you are going to take to prevent this from further happening again later on, such as using click monitoring software or blocking certain IP addresses. IMO, you should not just send bundle of emails. :classic2:

martin ewing said:
If you want to regain your adsense account, you should write them confessing any time with polite and honest request where you or your users clicked on ad or did something against their TOS. You should also point out the step and measurement you are going to take to prevent this from further happening again later on, such as using click monitoring software or blocking certain IP addresses. IMO, you should not just send bundle of emails. :classic2:

thanks!
i'll try

PPC (like adsense) provides a sure revenue stream that doesn't rely on conversion rates to make money. Every website is different, so each program would generate different revenues.

I personally would say use both so that if one or the other stops performing, or you get ditched by them, you have a backup.

GibboNet said:
PPC (like adsense) provides a sure revenue stream that doesn't rely on conversion rates to make money. Every website is different, so each program would generate different revenues.

I personally would say use both so that if one or the other stops performing, or you get ditched by them, you have a backup.

where can I find that PPC?

Google is by far better than Linksahare or Comm Junction. We have yet to get paid from those two, but we get a check monthly from Google.

BUGabundo said:
where can I find that PPC?
IMO, clicksor is nice option. And Adbrite ads are also similar to adsense, you should visit their site too. You may increase your CTR by using Adbrite ads. :classic2:

Well, I don't know what you consider to be a high threshold for payments but for Google adsense it is set to $100 dollars. Once you pass the $50 dollar mark they will send a pin code through the mail to confirm your home address. Depending on where you live that could take three weeks or more. If you live in North America ..it will be much faster then that.

What I recommend is that you don't stick all your eggs into one basket and diversify. Adsense can generate thousands of dollars for you easily depending on your websites content, topic and traffic. Unlike an affiliate website you won't need to worry about converting the traffic leaves your website to sales for your advertiser/affiliateprogram. That's the major up on affiliate programs that adsense has. Of course though if you are a high conversation website you won't be getting credited anymore then the per click rate you get paid. Unlike on an affiliate program where you would as a result earn a whole lot more. Also Adsense has a tendency to fluctuate on how much you earn even if the amount of traffic you send there way doesn't change.

Conclusion, gather up as many different revenue sources as you can!

rhianna said:
I read this article about Google Adsense.

Please share your opinion(s) in very general terms: should a webmaster concentrate on affiliate products from places such as Commission Junction/Linkshare or does Google Adsense have the capability to bring in more revenue?

Should the webmaster use a combination of affiliate promotions and Google Adsense?

If a webmaster has multiple blogs, does Google Adsense insert itself on all blogs or is it possible to specify one?

Do some webmasters put Google Adsense on a main website (besides a blog)?

I wasn't even considering using Google Adsense until I read the above article. Does the above article exaggerate, or is Google Adsense the next best thing since sliced bread?

In general terms, if you have had experience with Google Adsense, did you have a good experience or does Adsense give more hassles than benefits?

I've had good experience with Commission Junction and Linkshare: both affiliate programs have good reporting/accounting mechanisms and I will continue to affiliate with them.

I affiliate with Amazon.com but their payment threshhold is so high that I have never received a check from them. I still continue to affiliate with Amazon.com because I think they are a good company and maybe if I write more book reviews in the future, I'll be more successful in promoting their products.

If Google Adsense has too high a payment threshold, I think I'll just opt out.

I have one blog that I am thinking of adding Google Adsense to, but I hesitate. Is it worth it? What is your opinion?

Thanks in advance :)

Back