• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Who do you remember?

memory, what memory?

What ever happened to the guy who ran Esonet? I can't remember his name but everyone of his posts used to turn into giant flame wars.

Most of the crew when I first came here:
Agum, XRS, Rodie, Uri, Webdude, Civit, Phaser, Piccolo, Dusty, Lenny, Ron, Jim Reardon (that guy who owned excite for a day) and a whole lot I can't remember now.
Damn that short term memory thing...

Peace...

[Edited by Tater on 11-28-2000 at 11:17 AM]

Anyone remember Adam Hope...? haha... ;) I beleive he still visits occassionally. He was one of the most active visitors in the early days. I also remember Dreamwolf, Jim, Agum (Bigi?), atlas and all the others already mentioned from the early days of this site.

Man! I never thought this would be a such an affair when I thought of starting this message thread. Am I glad or what? It really goes out to show that people at FWP really make a difference, even if its virtually!

Stay well guys and keep posting.

Re: memory, what memory?

Originally posted by Tater
What ever happened to the guy who ran Esonet? I can't remember his name but everyone of his posts used to turn into giant flame wars.

Most of the crew when I first came here:
Agum, XRS, Rodie, Uri, Webdude, Civit, Phaser, Piccolo, Dusty, Lenny, Ron, Jim Reardon (that guy who owned excite for a day) and a whole lot I can't remember now.
Damn that short term memory thing...

Peace...

[Edited by Tater on 11-28-2000 at 11:17 AM]

Wasn't that Jason? That stupid little prick.

Shhhhhhh....

Just mentioning his bloody name is likely to bring him back. As much fun as it was to make him look like a bigger idiot than he already is we don't need to go there again. ;)

heh

I'm flattered that somebody remembers me.. :-0

One thing I especially remember is all the spammers/flamers. Jason, Kendall, and Civet all are notorious with me! I remember how Civet always said the most ridiculous things, almost as if he was trying just to get a rise out of people. It was almost obvious.

Then there was Jason (forgot his last name) and esonet or whatever, he would say stuff like "i will offer 500 megs of space, unlimited bandwith, pay for your domain name, etc. etc.), and every 4 months he would come by and say that it was "coming soon".. Hmm.. I don't think it ever actually opened...

I also remember that huge flame involving Uri's new FWP service named freehomes. Some idiot got offended by it and claimed that "free homes" was offensive to homeless people. So instead of being rational, he flamed the board until Peo had to close it for a few days.. heh, the good 'ole days.

I bet a lot of us can remember when this board was more like the WWF than anything. Everyday there was a new flame!

Hmm....yeah, I remember most of those guys... even Greg, and ADAM (the fishing guy -- catch anything yet?)! Good to "hear" from everyone again :)

Jason
EOSNET

Ha ha.. kidding about Eosnet.. ;) Besides...where are my free 500+ megs anyway?!

I'm a different Jason..one of about 14 on this board.

THAT's the name I was trying to remember...Civet when I was trying to remember his domain of Telabyte.com or something like that.

You know, there needs to be a list of dead services as well as live ones. I wonder if that would get the point across to those looking for "no banner" fwp's. Ya think? Can anyone name all them (-:

We also need to have an FWS party somewhere. I'll bring the beer, Ron can bring the hard liquor, and someone else can bring the soda for the kids.

Guess Ron and I will be the only ones legally drinking...hehe

1.Ron 2.Chicken 3.Greg 4.Webdude

Ron is 1 because when the first time I posted here, back in '99, I had some argument with him about TotalNIC with ICANN or something... maybe Ron remembers. ;)

Ron's moving on?!?!

Ron may now be moved into the 'past' catogry, after a thread on the Ad Revenue forum he claims he will not be coming back!

It looks like this board constantly looses good people;
the_guy, belgianboy, Ron and many more... I just hope he changes his mind!

[Edited by Peo on 11-29-2000 at 11:00 AM]

Originally posted by Webdude
THAT's the name I was trying to remember...Civet when I was trying to remember his domain of Telabyte.com or something like that.

You know, there needs to be a list of dead services as well as live ones. I wonder if that would get the point across to those looking for "no banner" fwp's. Ya think? Can anyone name all them (-:

We also need to have an FWS party somewhere. I'll bring the beer, Ron can bring the hard liquor, and someone else can bring the soda for the kids.

Guess Ron and I will be the only ones legally drinking...hehe

Why wouldn't I be legally drinking? :)

Ahh just let the old man cool down. He's bound to come back when he figures out that we hid his dentures. Really Ron please come back. :)

I don't think he will, he's a man of his word... I think you can safley say we lost him. Feel free to complain about the censorship of this board in his honour in the Standard Internet thread in Ad Revenue.

He complained about certain things... you can read his finallé (If that's how you spell it.) In the 'Standard Internet' thread in Ad Revenue. His most visited forum.

You'd be suprised how hard it was just to keep a copy of this final post in his memory ;).

I remember the kid who owned some CJB site that made websites and charged cash for CJB redirects and claimed he could get you@hotmail.com with no numbers or underscores or anything, just your first name for a small fee. Then he posted on the boards claiming that he was the owner of a service with the same name only a domain and when we looked up the domain his email was blah@hisaddress.cjb.net and then changed the records to cover his tracks. What a moron.

And I remember Chicken (Nugget) cause I called him CNugget (pun making fun of a rapper named C-Murder).

And Ron and Keith of course. I've duked it out with both of em and I've (seldomly) agreed with them.

And I also remember Woofcat (who could forget his russian domains?!).

Originally posted by }:8) Supermoo
He complained about certain things... you can read his finallé (If that's how you spell it.) In the 'Standard Internet' thread in Ad Revenue. His most visited forum.

You'd be suprised how hard it was just to keep a copy of this final post in his memory ;).

some finalé, hard to understand a chopped up thread.. ah well.. sucks that he's gone.

here's my last words to ron:

"bye ron. i never told you this, but i love you man. always have..."

maybe if there were a flame board to put up, then he'd be back... now that'll be some good reading...

Originally posted by }:8) Supermoo
hmm... nobody remembers me, maybe the subliminal ASCII advertising is not working... ;)

I can remember:
  • The_guy
  • Belgainboy

Current nicks that can fit in my small brain;
  • Peo
  • Ron
  • Chicken
  • Webdude
  • Cheap Bastard - Lov' that name!
  • Mandrake
  • Coolin
  • KapTinKiRk
  • cds

A few I guess...

Oh my! I can't believe someone actually remembers me!!! I thought I was a nobody! Thank you }:8) Supermoo!!!
*Coolin bows down and kisses Supermoo's feet.

I've been here for over two years, and I remember quite a bit of ye olde days (I remember the 2nd old board, which was the one the board before this one replaced.... :D ).

I can remember :

Webdude (of course)
Jason Turner (Owner, Eosnet)
Swirly
JW
Agum
Atlas
Ariakas
Solace
Owen
Lenny
Dusty
Rodie
XRS
JL
IamJuan
ashben
piccilo
Chicken Nugget
Jim Reardon
Steve Keyser (Owner, Spaceports and Tera-byte)
charles atlas sheppard
Bitsmart
Kendall
Civet

Woofcat... he once told Webdude to "shut up" last year.... :D

Adam Hope... that name is just a distant blur in my memory.... ^^

Rodie, Eosnet did open and worked well for quite some time. I was one of its early members. Yes they did offer "unlimited" space, for a while. Unfortunately it all went horribly wrong during July 99 - Eosnet disappeared for about 3 weeks, and when it came back, my entire account had disappeared, the admin didn't know what had happened to it, and moreover they were now only offering 30 MB space. Needless to say I never went back to them. I think Solace was also affected by this, as he too had some files hosted by them....

One thing I missed was the downfall of Eosnet. Could someone tell me how it happened and what Jason said to the board as an explaination for it ? :)

I also remember the days of Riftwar.... :cool:

Whhooofffff! Finally, someone remembers me :cool: Thanks atlantis. Will catch you sometime at the WZPRO board.

Back