• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

who is responsible for rollbacks?

skullJ

Hello,im checking out the services of hosting company right now but i have a seriously big problem.Every 2 days the server rolls back for about 9 hours.

You know about rollbacks in lineAge? :p

When you setup an account with couple of scripts and huge database and in the same day's evening everything looks like removed!

I noticed that problem to my provider twice and nothing fixed!

He told me that i have problem in my dns and he didnt rollback his server!

I dont know if i should change hosting company or not!

who is responsible for rollbacks?And how easy is to fix them?

Maybe there are permission issues and the new files are not being written ... don't really know what you are talking about though.

If I am not mistaken, he sets some scripts one day, and then comes back the next day and the server somehow acts like he hasn't set any scripts up or anything. In other words all the work he did gets erased the next day. Correct?

Try another company and see if it happens, I never heard of this so I wouldn't know.

I also have never heard of this. Only things I can think of is you have no more diskspace, you have no permisions to upload files to the folder (chmod) or something to this effect. Very strange indeed.

Hello,

its like you post a topic on the morning and in the same day's afternoon disappear!Next day you can see your post...

this happen in the database,ftp,email and whm's settings.

My provider said that happen because of dns....i dont know! :(

try flushing your dns cache go to start-run-cmd then type ipconfig /flushdns This should clear your dns settings. Hope this helps..

I have changed hosting company and rollbacks continued!!!

I have noticed that happen in domains that i have register in namecheap.com .

If i ping one of these domains they show me the previous provider's IP.

Your not running any website sync programs are you?
That should not happen between different providers like that, so would make it most likely your machine.
Not sure what all the current ones are, maybe someone could suggest some to look for in your add/remove list, but maybe you have something set to ftp backup your site and it's only uploading to sync it.

I have a feeling that this issue isnt stemming from your providers, seeing as how you had 2 seperate providers and the same issue occurs, have you tried to clear your cache as i stated before? Also have you tried clearing your web browser settings as well?

Yes, this seems its your cache on your pc.

Do this:

start -> run -> cmd -> type "ipconfig /release" -> type "ipconfig /renew" that will clear :)... I believe thats the correct format..

Thats just releasing the IP address and renewing it which may work to clear cache do

start -> run -> cmd -> type ipconfig /flushdns

At first time that i had this problem in first hosting company I did.

When i changed hosting company this problem fixed and i didnt noticed cause i didnt clear my pc's cache.
The second time it was my fault!!

Thank you!

Back