• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

"who" is telus?

giangbs

Hi guys,

Some guys in my favorite forums sell domain at very cheap price, about 2$/year, and if you buy 10 years, the price is only 10$, it's unbeliveable!

They said that they register at telus, but I don't know what or who is telus, anyone here knows that?

Giang.

I think is a scam because it's too cheap. Better buy domains only from authorized ICAN register.

I agree. ICANN charges a certain fee for domains to be registered, and then the company which registers the domain must be authorized to sell domains. So, in order to compensate, they raise the price about the fee to make a profit. Most domains I've seen range from $7-10.

Agreed with above - but you have to read the fine print here. Did they specify what TLD you get for $2? The com/net registry (run by Verisign) charges the registrar something like $6 per domain so I doubt you are getting a com/net and if you are - something is up. Maybe they are willing to take a loss upfront in hopes you become a customer. BTW - google and wikipedia re your friends - use them well: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telus

I have never heard about the before and recommend you to reg domains via accredited Registrars in order to be sure that your domain will not disappear somewhere in the future.

They claim a lot and also have broken/non existent basic links on their site, check out TSO's link and have a look around.

If the company has basic web presence fails, how can they be reliable for web based products.

I just firgured out they are all thief, but still wonder how can they guarantee the domain will be fine all the time and we can transfer it to any registrar after 2 months :(

I just firgured out they are all thief, but still wonder how can they guarantee the domain will be fine all the time and we can transfer it to any registrar after 2 months :(

Honestly, I wouldn't take the chance. It'd be better just to register somewhere reputable in the first place, then at least you won't have to worry about it.

Honestly, I wouldn't take the chance. It'd be better just to register somewhere reputable in the first place, then at least you won't have to worry about it.

They're reputable... I just don't like them as a company. We only have a few Telus services.

I'm going to buy 5 years domain with them, just for testing purpose only. It costs about 15$. Anyone with me? :D

Will update if I can transfer to another registar after 2 months or not =D

I have to echo stuffradio on this one... Telus is a huge company (telecom) so they are 100% legitimate. Certainly not here today, gone tomorrow. I'll also confirm that they can be a royal pain to deal with sometimes. :biggrin2:

I have to echo stuffradio on this one... Telus is a huge company (telecom) so they are 100% legitimate. Certainly not here today, gone tomorrow. I'll also confirm that they can be a royal pain to deal with sometimes. :biggrin2:

Are you in Canada? You have my sympathy for having to deal with them. I was really mad when I lined up an hour before the iPhone 4 launched in Canada only to find Telus had the most stock and the company I would get it through had 1 phone there. :lol:

Never heard of it ? Maybe it is reseller or ?
they are lot of cheap domain but remember go with well known hosting provider or not you will invest for nothing.
You may look for domain name ..as long is cheaper than $10.00 is consider cheap.
Godaddy with the famous domain provider now also selling .com with $11.99
so if got cheaper from other then is time for you to get it but becareful of it make sure the company is not a fake one.

I can't believe you're posting in more than a month old thread, and you didn't read that Telus is a major telecommunication provider in Canada. It's not a fake company.

I know Telus is a big company, but can we trust the registar, he offers a very cheap price, I can even buy a 5 years domain with only 20$ :D

Back