• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WHT - The 'timewarp'!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they sure messed things up a lot :(

There there Jan, WHT will be brought back up, they always get back up after having a major issue.

If memory serves me correctly, about 2.5 years ago, didn't they get DDoSed big time? They got back up on their feet and had gone better then ever!

[UW]Glenn;1057204 said:
There there Jan, WHT will be brought back up, they always get back up after having a major issue.

If memory serves me correctly, about 2.5 years ago, didn't they get DDoSed big time? They got back up on their feet and had gone better then ever!

Yeah they did, bit it's quite emberassing that a forum like WHT.com where there are thousands of threads expressing the importance of safe backup solutions.

But when you think of it ... this would be a major april fools ;) (let's hope it is)

Let's hope it isn't! Personally, the admin's are asses! SO annoying, I got had a go at because I re-registered thinking my account had been deleted, "annonimouse" person had a go at me!

Personally I think its good the hackers done something like this - Imagine if they did not, and people did not know that their PM information/passwords were leaked. It could have caused mayhem 2-3 months down the road.

I know some hosts PM account details to clients, etc. via PM over there, a host done it to me once.

At least with the hack the members have a chance to change their passwords before getting their own stuff hacked.

PS: I am in no way condoning what happended, or praising the people who hacked the site, but look on the possitive side - At least there is some warning that your details got stolen rather than your own sites being hacked.

Im 99% sure that even if the WHT admins knew about the stolen details and the site was not hacked, they would have pached it up but not have told anyone their information was stolen.

Let's hope it isn't! Personally, the admin's are asses! SO annoying, I got had a go at because I re-registered thinking my account had been deleted, "annonimouse" person had a go at me!
Durned admins ;)

annonimouse = Jan (?)

And I agree with who ever said about joining and even before you start posting one of the admins PM's you stating you cant advertise your services here, quoting rules. Not my fault I registered a name a common 3 letter abbreviation, I was not even associated with who they thought I worked for.

I thought it was quite rude, and put me off posting there.

Yes, Jan interprets the rules too strictly. That is why I left WHT, too!

But, on the positive side I think she is probably a nice person. :) (Just doing her job with too much zeal! :p)

It's what happens when communities get too big that they decide to create Laws instead of simple guidelines. They lose the respect of many of their members and subsequently gain enemies who in turn cause serious issues like the one currently at hand.
When creating a large community, it is vital to keep everyone on the same level. If they mess up, then yes, punish them.
But, as Richard so rightly pointed out, if a new member joins and you, as an admin or moderator, send them a PM, like what happened to me (no it was not Jan), and throw rules at them, you can be assured that member will more than likely swing on their heals and slam the door behind them.

So, in saying that, maybe it was something that was coming to WHT.

Just my 2c.

Yes, Jan interprets the rules too strictly. That is why I left WHT, too!

But, on the positive side I think she is probably a nice person. :) (Just doing her job with too much zeal! :p)
You are full of it aren't you. You never stopped going there at all.

The worst rule is the signatures. Last time (Not the infraction I got now) I got an infraction for my sig, I just left until it expired incase I got another. This one I have now though is for 5 points, because I put 3 links instead of two. The one before was because I had ONE character that was in a different color, I had the black, Green and the one character that was orange, which caused the infraction. :rolleyes2.

I still prefer here.

An infraction because of a color in your text? HAHAHA!!!! That's just hilariously stupid.

An infraction because of a color in your text? HAHAHA!!!! That's just hilariously stupid.
All forums have rules, what is allowed here may not be allowed at other forums. What is allowed at other forums, may not be allowed here. That's why all forums have rules, so people read them and don't get into trouble. If you get an infraction at any forum, it is your own fault for not reading the rules.

Since this has deviated from the main topic and developed into bashfest, closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back