• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

why is everyone so picky?

Tracker

PROFILE NOT FOUND
Staff member
NLC
Im confused here. Im looking through and seeing all these people asking for lots of space no adds cpanel only ect...ect but if its free dosent the saying

"beggers cant be choosers" come into play?

Why would any host offer no adds and 1gig of space. And cPanel why does everyone want free cPanel?

These are just some questions that have been buggin me about all the free host requests

* i wont get into the resellers *

Tracker said:
And cPanel why does everyone want free cPanel?
because cpanel is the best control panel, easy but powerful. some hosts use layered panel, it's so limiting you. that's why we want cpanel.

My theory is that people are selfish, and many folks making the big requests are abusers (usually hackers, phishers, or warez distributers). I love it when you ask someone why they need 10 MySQL databases for free, and they treat you like $&(@$!. In my opinion, those making the requests need to be more flexible. I can understand starting with a certain set of requests, but if no one can meet them, these folks need to be able to change them.

Actually most people don't understand what they are actually asking for. For a standard site 200mb of space and any ordinary control panel is more than sufficient. And for comminity based sites, a single database can serve the purpose. However there are some people who asks for absurd offers 10Gb spabe 100gb bandwith with unlimited features; simply avoid them.

Im confused here. Im looking through and seeing all these people asking for lots of space no adds cpanel only ect...ect but if its free dosent the saying

Why would any host offer no adds and 1gig of space. And cPanel why does everyone want free cPanel?

These are just some questions that have been buggin me about all the free host requests

As you said "beggers cant be choosers"; then i must mind you people don't come to beg in front of you for webspaces. It's you who approach first with free offers. You are not offering webspaces for charity, Right? You must have some benefit on your part also in doing that, then why say beggars? If you think that you are doing charity then stop offering webspaces, no one will come to disturb you.
And for your information there are many good free hosts who offer cPanel. And 1Gb space is not also such big deal, many here are offering more than that. That's why people ask for those. If you can not offer then simply say no and avoid them, they will not forcefully take 1gb from your server.

It's not that I am in support to those who seeks for absurd offers, but I don't like the attitude to say them beggars as they accept your offer

because cpanel is the best control panel, easy but powerful. some hosts use layered panel, it's so limiting you. that's why we want cpanel.

I would agree that layerd panel is limiting. But why require cpanel wouldent Direct Admin be enough?

As you said "beggers cant be choosers"; then i must mind you people don't come to beg in front of you for webspaces. It's you who approach first with free offers. You are not offering webspaces for charity, Right? You must have some benefit on your part also in doing that, then why say beggars? If you think that you are doing charity then stop offering webspaces, no one will come to disturb you.
And for your information there are many good free hosts who offer cPanel. And 1Gb space is not also such big deal, many here are offering more than that. That's why people ask for those. If you can not offer then simply say no and avoid them, they will not forcefully take 1gb from your server.

It's not that I am in support to those who seeks for absurd offers, but I don't like the attitude to say them beggars as they accept your offer

No im not exactly calling them "beggers" but when there asking for these upserd requests for 10gig space.....ect....ect it dosent make sence to me. On the 1gig space point you made. Not meny hosts can offer it. I know of a few free hosts with 20gig resellers and they offer 10gig space. I personaly dont beleve in overselling. I myself offer 100mb space 5gig bandwidth. That should in my opnion be more than enough for the avrage site. My site that has 5000+ hits a day uses only 10gig b/w per month.

Cpanel is the most widely used but there are many other great cpanels out there as well :)

The reality, in my eyes, is that you should ask for what you need. Yet no one follows this logic. Rather, most people don't even make sound requests, it shows the ignorance that exists amongst the general public when web hosting is the topic.

Though, there are some sites who generate enough hits that offering to put up banners can in turn profit the host - these are the people who "deserve" a little more leniency when requesting.

Just my two cents. In other words: people are not very smart by requesting large amounts when they won't even use the space and in turn due to the large request probably won't receive as many positive replies from free hosts.

I don't think people are picky, per say, but interested in seeing what kind of services + features they can get for free, and to what extent. ;) As for cPanel, people tend to prefer it because of it's feature set, and reputation. In the end, it really all boils down to personal preference.

Chris

Last edited:
its just nowadays so many free hosts has cPanel and it becomes a normal feature.

a host without cpanel is usually considered bad on your first impression

No im not exactly calling them "beggers" but when there asking for these upserd requests for 10gig space.....ect....ect it dosent make sence to me. On the 1gig space point you made. Not meny hosts can offer it. I know of a few free hosts with 20gig resellers and they offer 10gig space. I personaly dont beleve in overselling. I myself offer 100mb space 5gig bandwidth. That should in my opnion be more than enough for the avrage site. My site that has 5000+ hits a day uses only 10gig b/w per month.

Yes, right 100Mb space and 5Gb bandwidth is adequate for personal and simple business sites. That's common nature of people to ask for what they are suited to, just avoid them, stick to your plans this will also help you to run a quality service.

I don't think people are picky, per say, but interested in seeing what kind of services + features they can get for free, and to what extent. ;) As for cPanel, people tend to prefer it because of it's feature set, and reputation. In the end, it really all boils down to personal preference.

Chris

thats right, i prefer plesk
might be because all (moste) american hosts use cpanel and takes ages to load...

It wont be that long off before host`s are offering free VPS`s!

My opinion to all this is cpanel is the most commonly used control panel, But i bet a lot people outside of this website have never heard of it (that will be the honest people requesting hosting.

Direct admin is very good, i dont personally like it myself But there a couple of free host`s going strong using DA "frihost" for example.

It wont be that long off before host`s are offering free VPS`s!

My opinion to all this is cpanel is the most commonly used control panel, But i bet a lot people outside of this website have never heard of it (that will be the honest people requesting hosting.

Direct admin is very good, i dont personally like it myself But there a couple of free host`s going strong using DA "frihost" for example.

cPanel is i belive the industrys leading control panel. It is not free so the providers need to pay a monthly fee to use it. Another thing that requesters might forget is that dang near everything a provider hands out cost money to the provider. being a provider is not chap by any means. And if you are running a didi it is quite costly xxx.xx per month.

Those running on resellers are most likly running froma provider that utilizes WHM to set up and control the resellers. So the resellers get cPanel for there customers in the deal.

thats right, i prefer plesk
might be because all (moste) american hosts use cpanel and takes ages to load...

cPanel is pretty fast. Maybe you've seen it on slow hosts? Either rate, for features it is really unrivaled. I do not like cPanel in terms of back ups and restorations, but other than that I find it pretty handy.

cPanel is pretty fast. Maybe you've seen it on slow hosts? Either rate, for features it is really unrivaled. I do not like cPanel in terms of back ups and restorations, but other than that I find it pretty handy.

Because plesk looks good and uses ajax and everything is ordered
thats why plesk may give u the feeling it's faster while cPanel u have to wait lot more.
for those who dont know plesk:
plesk

Because plesk looks good and uses ajax and everything is ordered
thats why plesk may give u the feeling it's faster while cPanel u have to wait lot more.
for those who dont know plesk:
plesk

Personally, I've never experienced any *slow* loading speeds with cPanel, but then again, I've always been located on fast + reliable servers. I think it really depends on the environment that it's running in. :wink2: Also, AJAX doesn't neccessarily handle things in a quicker manner (in fact, it usually slows things down), per say, but makes everyday, normal functions look pretty cool (on the frontend, that is). :)

Chris

Last edited:
Back