• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why is FREE host "X" Down

Obviously they are asking because the host is down, with their data and they think the host would have shut down.

Its probably down because of a cracker OR repairs.

Most hosts come and say when they are shutting down. They go to all of the free hosting forums, and notify everyone.
So let me reask my question,
Why do people bother to ask if Host X is down or if it is just having downtime.
Personaly, my server never has more then 1-2 mins a month downtime. It has that downtime because it is rebooted.

Last edited:
I've just been reading through the posts and your question has been answered...

TDDHost said:
Obviously they are asking because the host is down, with their data and they think the host would have shut down.

Its probably down because of a cracker OR repairs.

The reason anyone would ask why a host is down is to find other clients of the hosting company and they can then see if it's just down to them or if it is infact down to others as well. There's been a few times I've had a problem and I found my IP was banned from the server for a few minutes and still accessable to other clients of the company.

May be due to repair moving servers or other problems with the server
or: shutdown coz the didn't get the money from ads enough to pay for the server.

Why do people post the same question, and really, what causes their downtime?
bcozthey are angry maybe the hoster never warned them and maybe they lost thier data coz of that .

So basically hostees should just be prepared that even 99.99% means 43.2 minutes of downtime a month. Moreover, they are using free webhosting so they shouldn't be complaining so much here. A bit more downtime is usually for maintanence or updating of the server to ensure more severe breakdowns.

Back