• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why is safe mode like this?

OriginXT

Whenever you try to create a file in a folder created by a script, the browser says that "safe mode restriction in effect"

and you don't have access to the file created. When I try to delete it manually, you get a 500 error!

Please tell me what is going on!

Usually people that have absolute need of some php features that safe_mode ON , disables, get their sites hosted by hosts that have tha safe mode off. There are many of them. Your better chance is to make a request in a forum. So you have 2 options : 1. ask from your host to turn off safe_mode (almost impossible)
2. Move to another host that has safe_mode off.

Otherwise you just forget some php features.

Turning off safe_mode off is, in fact, quite possible.
Just send an email to your host admin stating that you would like safe_mode off and the reason you need/want it off.

Yes, but if the host admin has it turned off for a reason, then I think he/she wouldn't enable it back on.

It is quite possible for a host to turn off safe_mode for just one account.

granddbz, your best bet would be to contact your host admin and talk to him/her.

Back