• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why no proxy programs allowed?

xicex

No list of proxies or proxy getting/checking programs.

I don't understand.

They're not illegal.

We have a right to anonymity?

If you disallow proxy lists/programs you might as well disallow pages with text on it, and not allow Zips or .EXEs to be uploaded.

I understand proxy scripts, but...

Simply put, one of the main reasons proxy scripts are dissallowed, is that they hog resources like almost nothing else,

also their are occasionally moral/legal issues with hosting porxy sites, though this is generally not the problem

That doesn't answer the question though..

TOS's aren't allowing anything to do with proxies.

Proxy Lists, applications, programs.. read the rest of the topic?

You know #.#.#.#:port?

You stick it in the Network connection option of your browser.

I'm assuming they are actually allowed. But hosts think the term "proxy" automatically mean proxy script which will kill your server.

Tumble,

I just posted a post right after your post ...

Deleted it ...

And then wrote this post ...

No problems deleting!

(Do you not know how to delete your posts or something?)

Tumble,

I just posted a post right after your post ...

Deleted it ...

And then wrote this post ...

No problems deleting!

(Do you not know how to delete your posts or something?)

Well ahh i cannot seem to find the stupid delete button

Editing right now thru advanced And ahh nope no delete button here either.

Well ahh i cannot seem to find the stupid delete button

Editing right now thru advanced And ahh nope no delete button here either.
Oh good grief :lol:

Click "Edit" ....

Click "Delete" ....

Select "Delete Message" from the radio buttons ...

Leave the "Reason for Deletion" line blank ...

Click "Delete this Message"

(If you still can't figure out with those instructions, you are hopeless! :lol: )

Oh good grief :lol:

Click "Edit" ....

Click "Delete" ....

Select "Delete Message" from the radio buttons ...

Leave the "Reason for Deletion" line blank ...

Click "Delete this Message"

(If you still can't figure out with those instructions, you are hopeless! :lol: )

Ok here is what i see:

edit.jpg

I really do not see a delete option

I do not see it here either:
adedit.jpg

Oh wierd. They must have the permissions set differently for different user levels here because the "delete" button is right next to the save button

proxies generally attract a less than legal crowd and the scripts do cause higher cpu resources. For most hosts it makes sense to disallow them completely, just one less thing to worry about

I do not see a problem with ( so I allow them ) proxy list, proxy information, etc sites. However I do not allow Proxy script sites, simply because of the load on the server, and the type of people that it attracts.

so , sorry, now ive got confused, you guys allow proxy related material but not proxies themselves ( thats what i thought). mostly proxies are used to get roud firewalls , however i occasionally use them to identify problems with my connection and such like

I believe this guys is asking why it is not allow to host proxy list, the one that give you proxy ip and allow you to set it yourselves through your browser.

Ok, so the long and the short of it is, most hosts are lazy. They cant be bothered to insert an extra page into the Terms of Use in order to define the different areas of proxy based material, and what is and isnt allowed. They think it is much easier to just say that all proxy material is bad - its their deal - if you dont like it, find a host that does. I think i remember underg once saying he didnt mind proxy scripts, you could try him

Back