• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why Ubuntu Is Harder To Use Than Windows...

I don't think it's hard to install. And Ubuntu is better than windows in many points. The bad thing is running windows executables under Ubuntu. But now it's also solved by Wine.

The line between sarcasm and troll is very fine.

Good, because you apparently didn't read the last paragraph...

In case the point (and my reeking sarcasm) where not conveyed to you in the above paragraphs, my point is this. Ubuntu/Linux really is not any harder to use than Windows is these days. In fact, in many respects it is simply different (in a good way) than what a Windows user is used to. I am tired of hearing from people who try to use Ubuntu for all of two seconds that it is "too hard" to use, because obviously - they aren't really giving it a chance.

The line between sarcasm and troll is very fine.

Interesting. Most Hardcore Linux users I know are very rude and obnoxious, does that make them too sarcastic all the time? Or just a bunch of trolls?

The article does make some very good points that Microsoft will no doubt find a way to rip off and work into windows at some point, but again, the issue with Linux Ubuntu is that with all Linux programs, the support generally isn't all that crash hot, in some cases it is don't get me wrong, but then, variety of programs is pretty dull too, you have to use the freebie equivalents which in most situations are nothing compared to the real software, and though, in some cases, it can be better too.

I know undoubtedly I will get LinBashed for posting this but that is because the people doing the bashing have only read the first line, just like some of those people before who didn't read the whole thing.

FYI: I use Windows 7, Mac OSX 10.5.8 and generally FreeBSD or CentOS.

Why Ubuntu Is Harder To Use Than Windows

Surely thats based on the opinion of the writer?? People grow up with Windows, at school/college/work/etc, therefore have a better understanding, doesn't necessarily mean Ubuntu is harder to use. Does it?

sarah[foxlass];1107216 said:
Interesting. Most Hardcore Linux users I know are very rude and obnoxious, does that make them too sarcastic all the time? Or just a bunch of trolls?

The article does make some very good points that Microsoft will no doubt find a way to rip off and work into windows at some point, but again, the issue with Linux Ubuntu is that with all Linux programs, the support generally isn't all that crash hot, in some cases it is don't get me wrong, but then, variety of programs is pretty dull too, you have to use the freebie equivalents which in most situations are nothing compared to the real software, and though, in some cases, it can be better too.

I know undoubtedly I will get LinBashed for posting this but that is because the people doing the bashing have only read the first line, just like some of those people before who didn't read the whole thing.

FYI: I use Windows 7, Mac OSX 10.5.8 and generally FreeBSD or CentOS.
Most I know are very nice, they even taught me how.
And I read the entire post btw.

Most I know are very nice, they even taught me how.
And I read the entire post btw.

Maybe it's the location.

Every single Mac user I know are totally open, fantastic and happy people. But then most *NIX users I know are like always trying to compete and prove things and don't care how many toes they step on. But then, most windows users I know are rude, or don't know how to use a computer LOL.
I did know this 1 guy in Tafe who was a hardcore linux user, he was always rude, angry and very obnoxious. To top it off, he actually hit me a couple of times. :shame:
I have known a couple of people who really love their linux over the net, and they had been very nice people. :D

Back