• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows XP hosting control panel?

sander k

NLC
Hello,

Our VPS's run on Windows XP, now I have a client that wants to run a webhost from it. Are there any (free) control panels that would work?

To run a webhost - well you might be looking a simple one, lots of work no easy ways, don't know if there is one for free - especially for XP, server OS's maybe.

Change the OS to a server version, not a client/user system.

I don't know anything about linux thats why we run on XP templates. I have seen zpanel which kind of works.

But I think that it will be nice to pay some extra dollars for reliability and pretty good control panel in order to make your work easier.

Did you take a look at WebsitePanel? It's for Windows Server but might work on XP. I'd suggest offering Windows Server 2003/2008 as this would make life much easier for your clients when they want to offer hosting.

Do you run a hosting company sander_k?

Your linking to dehost.org and I'm a bit concerned that if your not them then the blurry awards might put you and them in a bad light.

Do you run a hosting company sander_k?

Your linking to dehost.org and I'm a bit concerned that if your not them then the blurry awards might put you and them in a bad light.

Yes I am running a hosting company, but I am not a webhost. I am a game host that does a bit of webhosting on the side.
We run our webhosting on cPanel tho.

I got one client that runs GTA San Andreas Multi Player on a Windows XP VPS with us that also wanted to run his website and that of some friends of the same VPS.
That is why I asked :)

For Windows XP, WAMPP AND XAMPP are two good control panels, with them you can install apache with php 5 and star uploading your website. Its quiet simple...

Back