• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WordPress themes spam (bots)

sander k

NLC
Hi,

Could someone of the staff stop those WordPress theme spammers?
I am pretty sure that they are all bots as they do not reply to questions on the boards and also don't reply to a PM.

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?2240477-Free-WordPress-Themes-Premium-Quality

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?2230603-Free-Quality-WordPress-Themes-by-subxpert

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/...Free-WordPress-Themes-From-Submitwpthemes.com

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/...-Wordpress-Themes-distributed-for-FREE-by-Vee

No one is interested in these themes as no one replies on them.
You guys have a rule on this ads forums, that rule is 1 ad per week.
They post almost every day! They keep bumping their own posts!

I concider this spam.

We'll look into what we can do about it. For now I'm closing those threads.

Hi,

I am pretty sure that they are all bots
They are not bots. I actually talked to subxpert a while back when I couldn't figure something out that I installed.
No one is interested in these themes
I look through them from time to time. So I'm pretty sure many others do too. Why do you need to contact them? The info is all there.

I've attempted to contact them numerous times and they never respond. If you google them, they appear to post these over and over and over all over the internet. They're just reposts from elsewhere. They don't make the themes.

subxpert did respond to one of my posts when I asked if he made the themes. The others use the same template names and even the same descriptions down to a T.

You want to know? :D Now we think you're a bot...

Seriously, I don't know what to do about this. You don't own these templates yourself. Why are you promoting other peoples templates? And you use some automatic system to post since you ignore others who reply to your post.

I mean, I just want all of you to know that I am not a bot.

I am posting the WordPress themes manually and not using automatic system to post. The themes are being promoted so that those who are looking for a good theme will know through posting in forums.

Whatever your decision regarding this matter will be greatly respected.

Last edited:
I mean, I just want all of you to know that I am not a bot.

I am posting the WordPress themes manually and not using automatic system to post. The themes are being promoted so that those who are looking for a good theme will know through posting in forums.

Whatever your decision regarding this matter will be greatly respected.

I don't think you're a bot but I do believe that you're using some kind of automated means to post these daily. I didn't get a reply to my questions until a few days had passed and the thread was locked. Only THEN did you reply. I am guessing because your software attempted to post and wasn't able to, so you logged in manually to investigate.

What is the purpose of posting these every day to bump that thread. Nobody really seems to care about them anyway. What benefit do you gain from posting links to these in the first place? And don't say you just want to share because others are doing it also. There has to be some kind of benefit, such as the footer links so those who download the themes will link traffic back to you?

The themes aren't yours. You didn't make them. Why not just post a link to the creator if you want to share them with the community that badly and be done with it? There has to be a reason why you choose to only post a few every day.

Honestly, I am not really using an automatic poster. And as you can see and investigate, I am not posting everyday always. Well, if the Mod will permit to unlock my thread, I will post only themes from my company which is Padd Solutions. But if it will forever be close, then I would respect it. I understand your action.

Last edited:
Honestly, I am not really using an automatic poster. And as you can see and investigate, I am not posting everyday always. Well, if the Mod will permit to unlock my thread, I will post only themes from my company which is Padd Solutions. But if it will forever be close, then I would respect it. I understand your action.

By the way, are those themes have enconded footers to place a forced backlink to your company's website?
Coz I've saw quite a lot of these themes around the Internet.

Then what benefit do you have to repost them? Why waste your time and get absolutely nothing in return? I just doesn't make any sense.

Then what benefit do you have to repost them? Why waste your time and get absolutely nothing in return? I just doesn't make any sense.

Do FWS posts count as linkbacks for Google? He'd post three a day because it's "content", but it is his SIG that contains the linkbacks, plus the google search results, and maybe he gets a commission as outside sales or something.

Back