• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Would you Join a forum for free hosting?

lisss001

Okay, I am thinking about using free hosting to attract people to my forum. It will also have a support section if I do this. Would you join a forum for free web hosting?

What would the plan have to look like?

I would provide WHM, although I would also like to know what to expect in terms of posting e.t.c?

Its called post for host.

Plenty of people do it, some sucessfully, most unsucessfully.
One of the best and biggest post for host sites IMO "Zoomcities" recently closed, not certian why, but id say its to do with it costing more than they make.

When did ZoomCities close? They haven't closed yet ;) They've temporarily stopped providing for new signups because the owner is really busy with life but the servers are still up and running :p

lol.. he made a post in this forum that they were closing :O

guess he changed his mind :D

If you're thinking about gaining a lot of profit, you might get disappointed. Do it for fun, for your own experience. :D

lol.. he made a post in this forum that they were closing :O

guess he changed his mind :D

We are not closing not I made any post about us closing, although we had an April Fool joke that we are closing but its all just for fun. :)

As Hamster said, all ZoomCities servers are up and running, we are just busy at the moment and not providing hosting as often as before, but we are NOT a post for host, we are an IT Community that provides hosting to our members.

Watch out for our ZoomCities Europe and ZoomCities Asia based hosting, we will also have a Quick Activation Hosting coming soon.. Just to let you know that ZoomCities wont die like others, we've been here almost 4 years and will continue to remain for years to come :)

Zac

If you're thinking about gaining a lot of profit, you might get disappointed. Do it for fun, for your own experience. :D

That's why I'm doing it... more for experience then fun, but all the same to me in the end.

Also I found it cheaper for me to run all my sites from my own servers, and what else is there to do with the extra space?

Post2Host has a downside though.
Quality posts take effort, aka "labor" in the business world. If a provider decides "oh well, it's not worth it", you lose all the goodwill/credit created by those posts.

Yes, I think these things can be very successful. But you must have something compelling to keep people at the forum after they receive their free hosting. Even if they must maintain a certain post volume in order to keep their account, you still need to have some way to entertain them - otherwise, they will just go find some other free host that is not post2host. So, I would just say make sure the conversations are very compelling.

Yes, I think these things can be very successful. But you must have something compelling to keep people at the forum after they receive their free hosting. Even if they must maintain a certain post volume in order to keep their account, you still need to have some way to entertain them - otherwise, they will just go find some other free host that is not post2host. So, I would just say make sure the conversations are very compelling.

Create some controversial topics to discuss - sex for instance..

You have to do it for fun. I`d like to join well-organized and not over complicated forum (that is why I`ve joined this forum). If the content and topics are fresh, the number of traffic will positively increase.

Back