• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Would you pay for me...

outiv

remember me, the hot chick post.
well my site was at http://www.ffxpert.cjb.net
i'm 17 yrs old, and really want my future career to do something with designing and computers.
I was just wondering, would ANYONE pay ANYTHING (like $5.00)
for me to design a site like the one above?

I really would like to do something in this field of work, but aren't sure that my standards are good enough.

The site was made using a text editor, and all graphics made using MS image composer.

Please give me feedback on this topic, my future lies in your hands :) ::cool: :classic2: :devious2: :D ;)

ps: thanks in advance for the replies. This freewebspace.net forum rules.

Well that depends...

1) If you did those top graphics then god yes, that's insanely good graphics. If those are indeed your images, you've got a bright future online or offline as a graphic developer.

2) If those are not made by you then you've got a start. The page is clean, the logo blends well, the page is generally good.

Due to the changes in the net economy and due to well, the hundreds of new designers that start work every day you certainly have a lot to compete with. Making it is not always a matter of design skill so much as it is a matter of knowladge, marketing and presentability, much like a good website. And most of all, its not what you know, its who you know.

To be a bit more helpful answer these questions:
a) what is a good job for you? what do you want position wise? income wise? location wise?
b) what are your plans for your future, for school, business?
c) what have you done from student council to starting a web company... it all counts....

You've got hope. I'm sure you could offer to design/make webpages for your neighors as a start for around 5 bucks like you suggested and see how it goes.

Personally, though, I wouldn't see this as a career for life sort of thing... to me, it's more like, mow the lawn for the guy next door. I would do it for extra income, and try to get another steady job.

i wouldn't... not cos ur a bad designer or so, but i can do it on my own... BUT, if that's really ur own graphics, i say like ted, ur graphics are real good and i would, honestly, pay u a lot more than 5 bucks if u could make me pieces like that:cool2:

Last edited:
Lex - I think youd be suprised as to just how much you can make doing design. Obviously freelance/ cotnract work is always a risky business sinc eyou may not get a client for 2 weeks.... however, if you get get the business to fill your time, you will make the money you want and much more (and avoid waking up at 7am to get dressed in a suit).

I think that web site is worth (at least) $1200 US
(if its all original at least)

I wouldn't pay that much personaly because ff isnt really my thing and Im not loaded with that much cash but find someone who is and if your intrested in selling that site you could make a really pretty penny out of it

I think her content is original because it says it on the site:p

my prediction

With the state of the web today- I wouldn't bank on a good stable design job. If you are that good now- go recruit some work or get some from another agency / work for them on projects for a good fee. I am under the opinion the web will be more of a tool, and less of a toy, so although nice design is needed the need for it and the basis for it (no longer to make mad cash) is entirely going to change. It might become more of a way to do things - and move off the computer more onto phones and devices. Am I out in left field? :)

Your not out in left field but I do feel you are overlooking a lot of potential to provide yourself and family with a steady income. I am 19 years old and I am currently in the startup phase of my own business.

I strongly feel this will be my life long job. Maybe not running my company but working as a designer. Sure there are like billions of pages on the web now but the web is like our "new" TV. And TV has not changed all that much.

Basically when people say that you can't get rich online and that the market is crashing, it's becuase of those people that thought they could get rich of just selling online. Some did and some failed.

But for companies who want a presence online, and let me tell you there are billions without one, I strongly feel this is what will put food on my table :p

- Mekhu

I have to agree thats some damn good work. id pay $5.00 for somethin like that hell i might even spring for $5.50...j/k....thats good work if its urs.

Back