• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

www.arcor.de

BluntBoy

anyone tried them yet? it says they have cgi-bin, no ads, mysql , etc. let me know how they are if anyone has an account there.

i will translate it via babelfish and signup, domain hosting you know?

this is what they offer:

Webspace: 50 MB
Upload: Browser, FrontPage
Ads: None
Webaddress: http://www.arcor.de/you
Other Features: PHP, POP Email, Domainhosting, mySQL, SSI, CGI-BIN.

Weird...I just came from a site hosted by this one. He had rigged his server to default to bmp's from gifs so you couldn't save his stolen animations. Someone told me it's a game host..but dunno.

You must live in germany to make an account with them!

They have FTP!!!

BUT they don't support any languages like MySql or CGI!!!!

I know that it says so but it is a lie!

I asked them and they said that they aren't supporting such things because of security reasons

You have to have a german contact adress. An activation key is sent to this adress in a letter!

Last edited:
They are very good. I'm german and the speed is :) :) :) !!!

They have no php/mysql but cgiscripts to use but no cgibin for own scripts. (for example they have photo album or guestbook). But they send a letter to you with the confirmation code...

Download this file with Downloadmanger to see the very fast speed (always 90k with dsl) http://home.arcor.de/bigfish123/gently.swf

Originally posted by murat
you have to live in germany

How will they check if I live in Germany?

I do not live in Germany nor I am a German, but I managed it to have a post adress there. Let's see If I get an account.

they will send a mail to your real address
and when you go to sign up, you cant choose a other country only germany

Back