• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

www.cu2.nl

Well, I was able to understand most of their sign-up form (you have to click on "aanmelden". What is this "aandelen" thing and why does it have a Euro symbol above it (indicating that it is paid)?

There are lots of good dutch paid webhosts. Just take a look at www.webhosters.nl
A good dutch free host is endoria.net For students only! and there are other free ones. Not much that support cgi or php though.

Endoria.net is still free? Anyway, I heard many negative comments about them when they were announced on these boards. What do you mean "for students only"? Can they only be for educational websites?

As for Dutch paid hosts, I don't see why they would be any better than American paid hosts. Most of the paid hosts (unless they're BAD) are fairly good, and I really don't see any that are "better" than another, except in terms of price. In that case, Cyberwings beats everyone, hands down. :)

What I meant by for students only is that the webhosting is only for people who still go to school and are not a teacher. The content of the website is free.
I have an account there because they offer a lot for free, sometimes their down but they can't do anything about it because the problem is at a server which they do not own.
And about the paid hosting part, dutch hosts are as good as english ones but with them I can pay without using a credict card which I need because I do not have a credit card.

What is all this about a "Dutch Host"? Are you trying to find a host close to you for performance or what?

Really the location doesn't matter as much as the network
connection. You could be in the middle of antarctica for that
matter as long as it is positioned on a strong network.

We have fairly strong europe and southeastern asian
links mainly thanks to Global Crossing and Level3 which
are both stronger at overseas connections.

You can say what you want, but the difference between a server in the US and one in The Netherlands (where I live) is really big. The speed for dutch servers (especially the ftp) is much higher.

Hmm... in general, servers in Holland are dramatically slower for me than servers in the United States. The reason that servers in Holland are faster for you is because you live there. The only American "free" host that requires a credit card is Hypermart, so I don't understand why you need a credit card. The only reason I can think of for wanting a Dutch host is geographical location and language. There just aren't any Dutch hosts offering anything special, at least not yet. Endoria.net sounds like it has a pretty good offer, but I thought they died? :confused:

I object on that, Dutch are as fast as US server,

It's not only connected to an 1 Gb connection but also on all the peering partners, like the ATT of the USA and the ATT of Canada and several others.

And yes if you live in Holland you will get the server with a ping 2 ms, and if you ping an us server 200 ms.

That should now be an problem.

Another point, the most US server are loaded for the country size,

The people in the USA and all the connections to the USA might be around 500 milllion connections at a time.

The connections used my Europese ISP's are connected to the 1 Gb and the several peeringpartners.

So this was the whole story that the servers are equal for the size of use.

:rolleyes:

I concur that Dutch servers are every bit as capable as US servers, but they are by no means BETTER nor FASTER, in general, for the whole world. It's all about geographical location.

If you mean good free hosts.

No one which is just good in Holland.

For that you need to point your view to the USA and UK.

:rolleyes:

hmm, i search for countries which are not so far of me (germany)...
i heard if u live in germany (for example) and u are using a server which is located in the us, its slower...

*those digitalus.nl and tha other are they free* ???

Originally posted by DjG
hmm, i search for countries which are not so far of me (germany)...
i heard if u live in germany (for example) and u are using a server which is located in the us, its slower...

Yes, that's true, and it's what we have been talking about in the past few posts. However, if you get a really fast host in the US, as opposed to a slow host in Europe, the fast host will still be much faster than the slow one in Europe. If you get a host with a great server in the United States, it wouldn't make much of a difference in speed.

*those digitalus.nl and tha other are they free* ???

I doubt it, and if they were free, it would only be for people living in Holland.

I was talking about the cc prob because there are almost no good dutch free hosts (if you want features like cgi and/or php). If you do want those features paid hosting and you live in The Netherlands and you don't have a credit card then a Dutch host is a good choice.

wanadoo

I found this person who was on wanadoo.nl and he had like a gb of space and stuff but i cant figure out how 2 sign up 4 free hosting

Back