• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WYSIWYG Editors

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
I am currently using a WYSIWYG editor called sitebuilder and I like it, but I am looking for one that is still easy to use, but offers a bit more. For instance, I want to put links on the top and bottom of the site. Right now, sitebuilder does that, but they are the same, and I would like some to be different, etc.

Any way, if you could provide some suggestions, along with why you like the software, and of course a link to get it from, I appreciate it.

It can be free or paid. Doesn't matter.

You can go for Joomla, Word Press, Coffeecup, Web Studio software as per your need. Browse internet and get the details of the applications available and opt for the application that caters your needs.

Have you tried KompoZer?

I highly suggest as you use a WYSIWYG builder, look at the code and figure out what does what. IMO, it's easier to learn that way than by going through a book. Something about figuring things out on my own cements it in my head.

But KompoZer looks decent for a WYSIWYG editor. Just be careful with them and make sure you test the sites in multiple browsers. WYSIWYG editors are notorious for putting out bad code. Especially, uh, Microsoft Word.

Last edited:
Then practice, practice, practice!

Yup, because there is no shortcut to coding & you learn it by giving your efforts + time ...

Believe me, it will pay you in the long run & you will start enjoying the benefits once you become familiar with it

IMO, if HTML and CSS dont sink in, maybe you are in the wrong field, and you should pay someone to make your site. ;)

IMO, if HTML and CSS dont sink in, maybe you are in the wrong field, and you should pay someone to make your site. ;)

Never said that web programming, graphic/web design was my field. For now, I have a wysiwyg editor that works. With all that I have to constantly remember, trying to learn html code would give me migraines 24/7.

Plus, everything you find in the book stores or online only covers certain things, and most is in outdated software, etc.

maybe you are just googling the wrong things? check out net.tutsplus.com. there you can find tutorials on taking a site from a PSD to full CSS3/HTML valid code. there are a lot of useful things there from beginner to guru. you will also find things of different WYSIWYG editors, so, give it a check. :)

maybe you are just googling the wrong things? check out net.tutsplus.com. there you can find tutorials on taking a site from a PSD to full CSS3/HTML valid code. there are a lot of useful things there from beginner to guru. you will also find things of different WYSIWYG editors, so, give it a check. :)

The site doesn't look bad. Do they by chance have an area where they teach you in lessons or something?

I just came across this tonight. It is offered via my website hostgator.com, but if you don't have them, you can find it by going to http://www.camelback.net/ Looks very promising, and definitely what I have been looking for. Will begin trying it out tonight. Take care.

You could have a look at XSitePro, not free or cheap really but it's nice and you can delve into it more as you get accustomed to it, plus it lets you backup 'restore points' so if you break anything you can just roll back on it :)

I tested out xsitepro. Liked it, but it wouldn't let me align logos good on it. Some of the templates would let you display logos good, and others, well, not so good. Plus, not all that many templates to choose from.

For the OP, I used to use IMS Dwarf 1.5 some time ago, not sure if it is still around though. After searching I found this: http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Web_Authoring/HTML_Editors__H-P_/IMS_Web_Dwarf.html. It says freeware, so I guess thats ok.

any one can tell me where i can get registered version for WYSIWYG editor? thanks in advance

Why you looking for an illegal copy? Dont ask here, cause you wont find anyone to tell you. Find a different forum for that.

It can be fiddly George, and the templates are not many but customisable, I found it limited at first but with a bit of time to get used to it you can do more than seems available :)

Back