• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

XL-Host Reliable?

.Joe.

Yours Truly
NLC
Hello FWS,

I found this site, well browsing the internet. I'm trying too look for a reliable host that can provide me a dedicated server.

Here's what I found;

PD 3Ghz EM64T
2GB DDR RAM Memory
160GB SATA HDD Hard Drive
1500GB Transfer Bandwidth
10Mbps Uplink
5 IP Addresses

Total Monthly Price
$179.00

That's a very, very good price monthly IMO.

xlhost.com try checking it out.

I want to know if this is just a small company, and will die out in a couple of days, etc. Or not reliable, or server crashes, terrible security, etc, etc.

Anyone?

Thank you.

WOW! Softlayer has INCREDIBLE prices. I got way more stuff for only 4$ more. But, I'm wondering now...should I get Plesk 7.6...or cPanel...I know customers/clients like cPanel better...but Plesk isn't that bad either..

Is anyone else hosted with them?

Last edited:
Chief said:
WOW! Softlayer has INCREDIBLE prices. I got way more stuff for only 4$ more. But, I'm wondering now...should I get Plesk 7.6...or cPanel...I know customers/clients like cPanel better...but Plesk isn't that bad either..

Is anyone else hosted with them?

AvailNetworks is hosted there.

You should get Plesk. Stick yourself out of the cPanel fever

I know I really want to get Plesk, but I'm scared it would be a bad investment because the no-one would want hosting from me, etc. And oh, does installtron support Plesk?

Oh, Avail you're hosted there? How do you like their services, support, speed, etc.

Chief said:
I know I really want to get Plesk, but I'm scared it would be a bad investment because the no-one would want hosting from me, etc. And oh, does installtron support Plesk?

Oh, Avail you're hosted there? How do you like their services, support, speed, etc.

As far as I know Installtron is just for DA. I have a Plesk server and it came with some sort of Fantastico module with no specific name

Oh, I thought it was for H-Sphere, Plesk & DA. Anyways, no specific name eh? Oh, is your Plesk server profitable?

Less than a cPanel one, but it pays for itself. I get my clients to try Plesk and they love it

So people actually would go with Plesk even if the competition is going against with cPanel?

Well,

You also need to see it from your side, Do you have experence in WHM? will your lack of experence have an effect on your clients. The cPanel monthly licence is an advantage in the long run

Not sure of that one but comparable costs... I highly recommend http://www.staminus.net

And just my 2 cents... I used Cpanel and Plesk -- had more problems out of Plesk with the built in Dr.Web crap. Horrible, horrible
antivirus. Anyway! Enjoyed them both but after an initial worry and lots of tossing it around we moved to DirectAdmin and my users...Worried at first. Absolutely refuse to go back to Plesk or Cpanel.

As a demo you can try: http://www.directadmin.com:2222
(Normal User) Login: demo_user Password: demo
(Reseller) Login: demo_reseller Password: demo
(Admin) Login: demo_admin Password: demo

Last edited:
Oh, I know I've used DirectAdmin before. I am a big fan of it, but I rather use Plesk and/or cPanel for this.

Paul I am experienced with WHM, so I don't worry about that. It's just, I'm getting sick of cPanel :p

yep we resell for softlayer too and they are very nice to deal with and their pricing model is very friendly. As far as control panel goes, stick with what you know and are comfortable with. In the end a control panel is a control panel unless you go for the whole buffet with a product like h-sphere

I'm really stuck here, it's either cPanel or Plesk...Ergh, I'm scared if I purchase the wrong server..with the wrong control panel...and then get no business..:cry2:

If you want to go for a safe option, cPanel seem to be the best choice...However, Plesk might have more business, due to the low amount of host offering it. So it depend.

I will put it into prospective, If I saw a good host offering Plesk and another good host with cPanel for the same price on the same type of server I will go with the cPanel one.

Seeing that you have experence in WHM, you dont want to let your clients down with your knowledge of Plesk

It's not that I don't have knowledge of Plesk, it's just I'm afraid and like you said, the odds are the costomer would probably go after cPanel :p

a control panel is just that, if someome is going to bail out of a sale just because of a control panel difference then you did not do a good enough job selling your product. Take a peek around our site, it barely even mentions a control panel and we have no problem selling hosting plans

Back