• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

xml-aware web hosting services?

rjnagle

Hi, I'm looking for a hosting service that offers some sort of xml support from the server side. I'm still new to xml, so I'm not 100% of what I want, but I understand that some modules in apache will render xml to html on the server side.
I normally don't see this feature mentioned in the web sites of most hosting services. This could very well be because those people who need such a function are more likely to do it themselves rather than ask a hosting service to do it. But I'm at the point of learning how to make xml content, and I'd hate to lock myself into a one year contract of serving content that can be rendered only with certain browsers.

In case, you can recommend a hosting service for me, I'm looking for php/mysql support, about 3 gig a month, shell account, real multimedia support, 50 mb. Trying to do it for less than 30 or 40 dollars a month. Am I a dreamer?

rj

The module you are talking about is actually a Java Servlet called Cocoon which processes XML and it's associated stylesheets (XSL) into whatever format you want the output to be in, be it HTML, WML, PDF.

It is very clever technology, especially when you throw in XSP - XML with Java code embeded that is executed on the server side.

Back