• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

yahoo

foo2thabar

NLC
Does anybody have any experience with using Yahoo.com as a registrar, good or bad?

Asking because of their $2.99/yr registration.

I registered one for a guy here on this forum. The transaction has went smooth and I havent heard anything from him such as problems with it so I guess its all good. Not much to lose when you are paying $2.99.

I did it recently for a customer. It's actually not so bad. It took about an hour for them to confim registration, this bothered me at first, but seems all is well since.

I wanted them so bad, I bought one myself...then registered another on a friends account.
These babies are great :)

With all of the millions of dollars they are making off of this deal, probably never? :)

They must of had a major amount of new customers going there way for this deal. Very smart move for Yahoo. And just think how good they will be doing next year if everybody is too lazy to tranfer their domains back to their favorite registry after the deal expires. Agian ...brilliant plan yahoo! :wink2:

p|nK^bEe said:
When will the $2.99/year offer end?

You do not have to host it with them to get the $2.99 offer. BUT, if you plan on registering nameservers for the domain you can expect it to take about 8 days!!!
I bought a domain from them thinking "It's Yahoo, they are HUGE and probobaly have GREAT support!" WOW was I wrong! I asked them to register nameservers for the domain. First, they got the IP's wrong so I called them and got the old "We're looking into to it" line. 3 days later, after the issue had STILL not been resolved, I called again, same response.
In all it took them 8 days just to register the nameservers for me!

Long story short, I wouldnt suggest buying domains from yahoo. Spend the extra few dollars and go to godaddy!

Back