• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

YamsGoohoo!glen (3 in 1 Search Engine Giants)

college-student

YamsGooHoo!glen (improve your online search experience by comparing your search keywords and results across 3 of the world's most popular & well known search engine giants, namely, Yahoo, MSN & Google)

well i just released it on wednesday, and its been clocking hits like crazy per hour, (600-1000), if i do run out of bandwidth, i probably will host it on my home computer - hopefull my routers don't crash. Currently am hosting the site on doanted webspace until fall this year.

Anyways, i need some feedback regarding usability, design and bug repts too.

If anyone would like to contribute to its development blog & post on it, please send me a pm. Also don't forget to visit yagoohoogle & themsngoogle.

In about 2 days i'll release advanced searches for my 3 in 1. And i welcome all kinds of feedback - both negative and positive, and i appreciatre constructive criticism.

Thanks for your time. :)

PS - i wanted it to be a unique 3 in 1 combo search, which explains my choice of domain name extension, plus i want this project to stay ad-free and opensource for everyone, especially for students around the world.

Last edited:
thanks a lot - really appreciate what you both said. I'm working on trying to improvise on the 3 in one and add map searching functionality to it plus a mobile-version too :) looking forward to hearing more feedback :)

(i don't know wether this should be a new thread but what the hell..)

College-student, Is it possible via googles API to publish the results without the need of loading the actual google page... For example to publish the results into a .php file of your own?

Just a thought? what are ur views on it?

dotcomguy said:
(i don't know wether this should be a new thread but what the hell..)

College-student, Is it possible via googles API to publish the results without the need of loading the actual google page... For example to publish the results into a .php file of your own?

Just a thought? what are ur views on it?

dotcomguy - u posted in the right place, no need to open up a new thread forit unless you really wanna' :)

regarding the possibility of publishing results via goog'es api, yea it can be done, actaully google allows it, the only catch is that you can publish them as you choose to but not use it for commercial purposes.

again, i must say that api developers in the past & current have complained- if anyone of you ppl are out there - u'd agree with me on this one: that despite google allowing us to query their database, its limited, however i'd say go for it and publish results wherever you want to - again it depends on the discipline (example: education, government, non-profit/charity, etc.).

Anyone else have anything to add to publishing results by querying the google db via google's API?

I think I saw this before, so if you're ripping the idea it's lame.
If you made this idea - cool
.tk - Lame

ezForum said:
I think I saw this before, so if you're ripping the idea it's lame.
If you made this idea - cool
.tk - Lame

You saw this before? are you kiddin' ?

i mean i'm the first one to come up with the name plus the coding. And no i never ripped anyones idea off - its my own - i saw the april fool joke on slashdot - but it was just yahoo and google

i thought to myself why not offer searching the web via the best 3 engines in 1 go and i came up within 13 hours with yamsgoohooglen - which is moving servers soon.

No why .tk? because its a free redirection service and if i got any fixed domain - i'll fall into the same boat like th creator of yagoohoogle - now twingine - yahoo and google both sent warnings to his dns providers to pull down the service. With .tk its free, no dns involved either - plus i want the project to live on - i'm changing the logo tho soon - will still keep the name but the logo is going to be somewhat the same but different.

hope my explanation helped :)

cheers!

This...is very pointless. Why would you need 3 search engines? The size for them is way to small to actually read a webpage anyway. I'll just stick with one thank you...

I must say the concept and idea are good but it is confusing to look at three search engines at a time on the same page. How about maing it like this

Search Results for "free web space"

Yahoo! (230)
MSN (300)
Google (250)

and then u can click on the one you like and it can open in a new window. Just a though. Good luck with it.

Back