• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yet another security risk in doze...

Because their explanation makes the most sense and because the article that started everything is based on the naming of a single variable.

Microsoft has been know to lie on such topics. For an example when their Windows Media Player reach v7.0 a security team found out that it was tranffering info about your computer to Microsoft. Microsoft quickly responed by saying it was to proved better support for the media player.

If I find a article on it I will post it in here. But does show you Microsoft does lie on anything that will give them a bad rep. At least now with Linux servers having 20% of the server world Microsoft now has to compete with Linux YA!

Originally posted by jurupa
Microsoft has been know to lie on such topics. For an example when their Windows Media Player reach v7.0 a security team found out that it was tranffering info about your computer to Microsoft. Microsoft quickly responed by saying it was to proved better support for the media player.

If I find a article on it I will post it in here. But does show you Microsoft does lie on anything that will give them a bad rep. At least now with Linux servers having 20% of the server world Microsoft now has to compete with Linux YA!
Real did the same thing with RealPlayer a while back and it's a setting you can turn on/off in media player btw. It's basically just the equivalent of a cookie.. people went on and on about those too and now we're at the point where you can't go to most sites anymore if you don't accept their cookies.
Besides the license agreement specifies you give them the permission to transmit information back to them. I'm not saying that's a good or a bad thing but it's there for you to agree to or not. You can download all the codecs so it's not like you're forced to use it unlike RealPlayer which is the only piece of software that will play rm files.

Back