• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

You have no idea how annoying this is

Blank Verse

NLC
NLC
Whenever I open up my CD drive after I've been running a CD for a while, and I want to take it out or whatever, every time I try to close it, it just opens up again. Repeat this process 800 billion times. why does it do this?

loose cables, cables where there shouldnt be, no cables, riped cables :confused: :confused:

and heres a q, if you cant close your cd-rom, how you play a game with it? :biggrin2:

Well, see it's weird, when I pop the game or CD or whatever into it, it closes right away, and it's all good. If I take the CD out, and close it, it keeps opening...you have to be patient and keep trying and eventually it'll stay closed, but there has to be an easier way.

BTW, my cables seem fine.

Hmm have you tried to upgrade the firmware of it lately, cause if you have, it may have not worked properly, then it is your own fault.

I'd suggest a sort of "ghetto rig", I'd get myself a blank disc, then whenever it wouldn't close just pop it in there. That would solve the problem. Another solution is getting a new CD-rom, unless its a CD-RW its not gona be all that expensive, I think 50x CD-Rom's are like 20 bucks or something, thats dirt, so imagine what a 35-45x would be, what? $5? haha.

Back