• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

You tell me what I need.

40till5

For about the last month I have been reselling shoutcast hosting.
The main server is a dedibox, but like I said I just buy slots it is not my own.

I am now up to about 180 US a month in sales & think I'm ready to move into my own space.

I know that with this type of server, hosting only a control panel & the streams that RAM & bandwidth is the two things I need most.

My worry is BW, I know it is very costly to go with dedicated BW. I don't have 500 to 2000 a month so I'm not ready to go that route.

The way you guy dis shared, I'm scared it wont do either, isn't dedibox a shared 100 line

What type of hosting do I need with the income I am making at this point.

AM I ready to go into my own box?

If so what type of specs should I be looking for & at what cost (if not my entire income)

Someone help a server noob out..

For about the last month I have been reselling shoutcast hosting.
The main server is a dedibox, but like I said I just buy slots it is not my own.

I am now up to about 180 US a month in sales & think I'm ready to move into my own space.

I know that with this type of server, hosting only a control panel & the streams that RAM & bandwidth is the two things I need most.

My worry is BW, I know it is very costly to go with dedicated BW. I don't have 500 to 2000 a month so I'm not ready to go that route.

The way you guy dis shared, I'm scared it wont do either, isn't dedibox a shared 100 line

What type of hosting do I need with the income I am making at this point.

AM I ready to go into my own box?

If so what type of specs should I be looking for & at what cost (if not my entire income)

Someone help a server noob out..
well you could go with a 100mbit unmeterd "shared" line pixelfxsolution.com say you will get atleast 5TB and up to 9TB per month bandwidth you can upgrade ram for a one time cost
yes if your selling that much hosting you might as well get a 200$ dedi
work out this
128k = Wha per mont
64k = wha Per month
32k = wha per month
24k = wha per month
then work out the clients
then work out if you got a 100mbit shared unmeterd port would 9TB be enough
ram is not usaly the issue as you can upgrade for a 1 time cost.
I can say there is hosts out there selling shoutcast from shared lines but they also have other services so they arnt based on streams.

You definitely dont need 100mbps shared connection, go for 100mbps connection with say 1000GB bandwidth or 1500, should work for you. Servers will be $100-$150/month, so you might want to consider growing a tad more before moving up, just to cover costs of support, setting up servers (might need to hire people) etc.

Back