• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your computers uptime

(Note to self: Adjust your clock)

4:10am up 209 days, 15:51, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.22, 0.21

That's my system that's been up the second longest but it just does background tasks like CPU intensive jobs and it runs a few daemons. That's my only RedHat system and it does well after you strip all the junk it wants to install.

12:38PM up 617 days, 23:20, 0 users, load averages: 0.06, 0.08, 0.08

That's my longest running system and it's OpenBSD. It's main function is a database server so it's main program is MySQL + it runs a bunch of misc. custom scripts in the background.

It's important to note that neither of these are day to day workstations.

Blast, Todd wins. :p

My Windows XP box has been up for 2 weeks before it finally won't play a single damn mp3, so it's at 2 days atm.

And maybe I should get a gig of ram, since ram atm is so cheap...

Originally posted by Daniel
Blast, Todd wins. :p

My Windows XP box has been up for 2 weeks before it finally won't play a single damn mp3, so it's at 2 days atm.

And maybe I should get a gig of ram, since ram atm is so cheap...

DDR ram down here is cheap while SDRAM is very expensive (weird ehh?)

Robert, a theory I have heard about that is no one buys SDRAM, all the new computers use DDR and so it's expensive so that the companies can make a profit off the small amount of people that buy it.

That's probably true.

I needed to find some SDRAM PC100, i could find 128MB PC133 for $10 each, and i could only find PC100 for $25 each... Crazy when you need two

Originally posted by is0lized
That's probably true.

I needed to find some SDRAM PC100, i could find 128MB PC133 for $10 each, and i could only find PC100 for $25 each... Crazy when you need two
$30 is the cheapest here for 128Mb so you're not all that bad off :)

NewEgg has always had great prices on stuff. I'm surprised the stuff they sell isn't bad or something, but my whole computer was built from NewEgg stuff so it certainly isn't (and my uncle has built several computers for other people with all stuff from NewEgg too) but I saw a decent microphone go for $3...I almost bought it and wish I had, I paid about $15 for mine at Best Buy...

Back