• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your computers uptime

Daniel

Megalomaniac
NLC
What's your most proud-of computer uptime? Here's mine:

[fromage@localhost fromage]$ uptime
9:09pm up 86 days, 5:58, 1 user, load average: 0.08, 0.14, 0.19

Looks like I'm going to hit 90 this Easter break. :D

My current uptime is less than a day...

----in' weather.... Who expects it to reach 85°F here in April??

LEt's just say when my cpu reached 70°C I turned my computer off, pulled off the side panel, placed a 20" box fan next to it, turned it back on, and watched the tmperature slowly climb back down to 41°C....

Guess global warming is bitting us back in the ---, eh? Same thing happened to my computer.

7:43pm up 264 days, 7:42, 2 users, load average: 0.20, 0.11, 0.09

Would have been longer but we have a lot of power outages... I finally gave up and put a UPS on it and my WindowsXP box.
(The XP box averages uptime maybe 6 days before instability and depleted resources force a reboot).

Usually less than a day. I have to shut down PC because I'm sleeping in the same room (PC is too noisy for being up all the time).

My max for XP on trhis machine was 424Hours...

I'm in the middle of setting up my debian box, so max uptime for that is a few hours?

I got my little P133 with 16MB Ram out the back running Mandrake 9.0 hooked up to this big amplifier, using it as a jukebox, and it's uptime is currently at about 3 weeks. Which aint to bad considering it is playing music for like 4-6 hours a day.

me? errr... 3 days when i was downloading some movie off KaZaA.. NOT PR0N, well at least none of that sick weird --- bondage. My shortest? the login screen (xp ghey blue login screen) barely got to load and my comp rebooted cuz o the ghey AMD Athlon XP i have that likes overheating. Stupid Melbourne Electric companies pumping TOO much power and kept frying my PSU, now i have a UPS for it.

20 hours, ish. My PC is so loud however that I can't hear when people are yelling at me from three rooms away, so I don't like to leave it on when I sleep. It's usually up for at least 10, because I leave it on all day at least.

Windows will only crash for these reasons-
You f----ed around with the registry.
Your computer has like 0 memory.
You got a virus. (which would be your fault).
Your HDD goes postal.
etc. etc. etc.
But leaving you computer on wont make windows crash, maybe if you play programs to use up the memory...
I can keep my computer on for at least a month, I do it all the time, just dont run any programs and your home free.

Originally posted by Silent
just dont run any programs and your home free.
Hardly worth turning the computer on then :confused2 Unless you have a cool desktop you can stare at all day. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Silent
I can keep my computer on for at least a month, I do it all the time, just dont run any programs and your home free.
that would explain why everyone's personal Linux box has such high uptime then :D
You left out "user's fault" in your list btw :).. those would account for most people's crashes.

I run Windows XP PRo with 1GB of DDR Ram and use it everyday and don't turn it off. I'll reboot because I'll install software that requires a reboot or what not, but I could leave it on all the time.

And Windows 2000 does not crash unless a user screwes it up.

> I run Windows XP PRo with 1GB of DDR Ram and use it everyday and don't turn it off. I'll reboot because I'll install software that requires a reboot or what not, but I could leave it on all the time.

Ditto, i also have a GB of ram

Back