• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ZeroRegistry.com to 1and1.com

iLucas

NLC
NLC
Earlier this year, I registered a domain with ZeroRegistry.com, which is now, apparently the biggest mistake I've made regarding a domain.

I'd tried to contact ZeroRegistry numerous times, only for my email to be returned. Their contact information on every portion of the site, including their "sidekick site", HostingZero.com, is incorrect. I can't contact them!

About 7 days ago, I paid to transfer my domain name to 1and1.com, being they have free privacy with every domain purchase. They've stated it'll take 7-10 days, but could take upto 30 days, pending contact with the current registrar.

How does this work? What if, by chance, they're unable to contact ZeroRegistry? Can I still transfer the domain? Isn't it my domain? If I put in my "security transfer code", why can't they just transfer it?

They are a directI reseller, and have full control over your domains, if they do not want you to transfer it, they wont let you.

But if they do not get the email, that is also fine, as if they do not respond, the transfer goes ahead.

I have 2 domains at ZR, I think Dan has some experience with them (The mod) but I may be mistaken.

They are a directI reseller, and have full control over your domains, if they do not want you to transfer it, they wont let you.

But if they do not get the email, that is also fine, as if they do not respond, the transfer goes ahead.

I have 2 domains at ZR, I think Dan has some experience with them (The mod) but I may be mistaken.

Dan has already stated that he no longer has anything to do with the site, and hasn't talked with the owner in months. Being their absent, I'm somewhat hoping they won't even know about the transfer. They obviously don't care, anyway.

About 7 days ago, I paid to transfer my domain name to 1and1.com

There's your second mistake... :)

Heard lots of bad things from 1and1, from customers as well as friends who have experience with them.

As far as I know they even ask money to release the registrar lock if you want to transfer away.

I used to be involved with Hosting Zero as a Moderator on their forums and also ran Titanium Hosting for them for a couple years and made it one of the most popular free hosting providers on the web. I got nothing in return.

I spent a good portion of 10,000 Dollars on Hosting Zero, between Dedicated Servers and Domains over the years. At first things were great but the owners, Andrew and Scott, both seem to lose interest in what they were doing.

About 3 months ago, I tried to register a domain for a client and I paid for it via PayPal. 3 days later and the domain was still pending payment. I emailed Scott and got no reply. I also noticed that their PayPal email address had changed. I immediately filed a complaint through paypal and in less than a day I was issued a refund. That tells me that Scott was receiving my emails but was ignoring them.

Since then, I have not tried to or will I ever contact them or be affiliated with them in any way.

Take my advice. Get you gear together and run.

I have a Zero Registry directi reseller account and its worth nothing.... Its absolute crap. As for Zero Hosting, I wouldn't even get hosting with them. 1and1.com is crap too. They have such a bad process of canceling things.

Back