• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. S

Shinyblogs.com: Free Blog Hosting with Instant Activation

Shinyblogs.com offers: Instant signup and activation -- be set up and posting in less than a minute Subdomain address: yourname.shinyblogs.com (we're new enough that most common names are still available (e.g., dave.shinyblogs.com) Full-featured Wordpress blogs Create multiple blogs...
  2. S

Shinyblogs.com: Free blog hosting, instant activation

Shinyblogs.com offers: Instant signup and activation Subdomain address: yourname.shinyblogs.com (we're new enough that most common names are still available (e.g., dave.shinyblogs.com) Full-featured Wordpress blogs Create multiple blogs that are completely separate from one...
  3. S

Adsense -- Can't all be bad ...

I don't think the price you're paying for hosting has much effect. It's going to all depend on your content and your visitors. If you're getting high-paying ads to static HTML pages, you don't need as many visitors or much processing power. If you have low-paying ads on a dynamic site, you'll...
  4. S

Shinyblogs.com: Free blog hosting, instant activation

Shinyblogs.com offers: Instant signup and activation Subdomain address: yourname.shinyblogs.com (we're new enough that most common names are still available (e.g., dave.shinyblogs.com) Full-featured Wordpress blogs Create multiple blogs that are completely separate from one Shinyblogs...
  5. S

PuTTy [Need Help]

How does it get killed? Is there any error message, or does it just stop?
  6. S

PuTTy [Need Help]

That's really weird. I just tried the same thing with the exact same filenames, and it worked for me: E:\zxc>copy file.tar.aa+file.tar.ab File.tar file.tar.aa file.tar.ab 1 file(s) copied. E:\zxc>dir Volume in drive E has no label. Volume Serial Number is 80B0-CC58...
  7. S

PuTTy [Need Help]

I think you'll need to piece it back together first, I don't know of any Windows apps that will automatically go looking for the pieces like that. For Windows, in a command prompt window you can do COPY big.aa+big.ab+big.ac+big.ad big.tar to get the one big file back (just put all the...
  8. S

Work for google for FREE!

Amazon's version that you get paid for is still around: http://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome
  9. S

free dns with free host?

Nobody's answered his question yet. Most free cPanel hosts that let you park domains will work with afraid.org subdomains, you just need to add them as parked domains. Most of the time you need to delegate nameservice to the host's nameserver, you can't just put in an A record at afraid.org...
  10. S

PuTTy [Need Help]

Wow, I can't believe it took so many posts before people told you how to use wget... :) You want to use the split program. If you have a big tar file big.tar, try this: split -b 200m big.tar big. That should create 200 mb files named big.aa, big.ab, etc. Use cat to join them back together...
  11. S

Google adsense or Clicksor

I'd stick with Adsense, you're just not going to make very much with only 50 visitors a day. Adsense pays much better than Clicksor.
  12. S

Free Reseller !!

Keep reading the rest of the rules:
  13. S

How much would you expect to make?

Google has some good suggestions on their site. Good placement and colors are the biggest things you can do.
  14. S

.com or .info

I'd say it depends on the site. Do you want people to remember your domain name and tell their friends and visit from time to time? Go with the .com. Are you just hoping to grab some traffic from search results or wherever and make a little money? .info might be fine. The problem with .info...
  15. S

My homepage hacked. How can I protect myself?

That script is a big collection of tools to help people hack servers, but it all depends on what you let your users do. You had a too-lenient configuration that let people you host do things that weren't safe. It's too hard to tell what the hole they got in with was from your post, it could...
  16. S

Hosting - American Idol Blog

I'm not sure why shared hosting wouldn't work for you, because your peak of 3500 hits an hour to a Wordpress site should not be crashing a shared hosting server. I would shop around for a different shared web host, and just let them know ahead of time what kind of traffic you expect and whether...
  17. S

Clicksor Down?

All of their sites and ads were down for a few hours last week: http://forum.yesup.net/showthread.php?t=543
  18. S

random url

That looks like it should work. You never use $second after assigning it, though. And if performance is an issue, changing the first query to be a SELECT COUNT(*) instead of counting the number of rows returned would be quicker. But otherwise, yeah, that should do it.
  19. S

Possible to get a domain with enough web stats?

My very quick math (assuming they're using something like Adsense to pay for it, and knowing nothing about the site) says that they'd probably want at least 1000 page views a month to make it worth it.
  20. S

[help] some about cpanel

Can you be more specific? Is this some kind of plug in to automatically detect when one of your hosting accounts is being used by a spammer? Or something else that I'm not getting?
Back