• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

500mb space with website creator ftp on windows .net

aspwebserver said:
Yes, free is for permanent sites.

We dont offer mysql yet but we have plans to give that in future.

But we have MS access which is good for most works.
wa waw~~ aspfreeserver going back!!
i started using their service when 2002
i signup an account but i found it faild to set dsn.....

I signed up because I always wanted to see how a windows server acts like.
I wonder if it crashes as often as my windows does?

Btw, if you will be giving mysql, why not give(move) the account on a linux server?
The way I see it: asp with msSQL (on windows server), and php with MySQL(on Linux server) for better results.

It has a few rough corners that need to be fixed, but otherwise it looks ok.
Cannot create mail, cannot create dsn, and I can't wait 'till mysql will be available.

Last edited:
I uploaded everything but it is still the deafault page when I go to my site..and even though I have content it says I am using 0mb, though all my files show up via FTP.

ZombieMatt said:
I uploaded everything but it is still the deafault page when I go to my site..and even though I have content it says I am using 0mb, though all my files show up via FTP.

Try deleting the 2 files that came with your account. One is default.htm and another one to which I forgot the name.
I did that and it now works.

fastback said:
Since you have regions blocked from creating websites, does this also mean ppl in these regions can't view my web pages? I'm asking this because a couple yrs ago I had a site on 250megs, and they block a lot of countries from accessing any of their sites.

I would really appreciate it if this question was answered.

Dsn manager and Templates in website creator

fastback said:
Last night I signed up for an account here, and I noticed 2 things that may be a problem. I was unable to log into the ftp account. I tried using FTP Core Lite, and the one that comes with HTML-KIT. Also in the website creation section none of the premade templates are viewable. I get an error page saying that I don't have authorization to view, sorry I don't remember the exact words. I'm using the most recent edition of IE along with Windows XP Pro.

Since you have regions blocked from creating websites, does this also mean ppl in these regions can't view my web pages? I'm asking this because a couple yrs ago I had a site on 250megs, and they block a lot of countries from accessing any of their sites.

We have fixed the DSN manger. That means you can now create DSN's for MS Access database that you keep inside /db folder.

We are also uploadting templates into the template manager.

We currently dont have any regions blocked. Any one from any coutnry can signup and create their website. Ftp is also up and running smoothly.

Use www.ftpx.com and leave the default path field blank.

Last edited:
i signed up yesterday. this host rocks!!
all features i need is 50m/5giga. hehe..
but, support forum would be nice! thanks for hosting me! lol

Oops, sorry. I have the login now.
It would be great if it had a way to make files without the wizard, just add the code and name, and the page is done!

Last edited:
syanto

Without any notes.. my account had been deleted..

A big 1/10 for this host.. :(( at my despite..

GReetings,

Suriyanto

I have an account with your site, but for some reason my ASP scripts suddenly stopped functioning. You were a great host until this happened. :(

It's my first post, so I want to say hello to all forum members :)

Thanx to this great forum I got to know about aspwebserver and couldn't resist to sign up. A Windows 2003 host, cool :cool2:

Signing up and account activation only took 1 minute and FTP upload via I.E.6 works without any problems.

So far I'm really impressed by aspwebserver, don't know how they can give all this away for free :confused:
5MB space and 1GB bandwidth would have been more than enough for me :smiley2:

Last edited:
Back