• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

doomachine2000 / wirehost.ws

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought SilverCheater.com was registered through eNom when I saw
"ICANN Registrar: ENOM, INC."

Well, I goofed. But still. NameCheap requires a CC also.

NameCheap's Registration Agreement said:
3. Fees.

As consideration for the domain name registration services and/or other services provided by Namecheap to you, you agree to pay Namecheap, prior to the effectiveness of the desired domain name registration, the applicable service(s) fees for the initial registration of the domain name and, should you choose to renew the registration, subsequent renewals of the registration. All fees are non-refundable, in whole or in part, even if your domain name registration is suspended, cancelled or transferred prior to the end of your then current registration term. Your requested domain name will not be registered unless we receive actual payment of the registration fee, or reasonable assurance of payment of the registration fee from some other entity (such reasonable assurance as determined by Namecheap in its sole discretion). As further consideration for the Namecheap service(s), you agree to: (1) provide certain current, complete and accurate information about you as required by the registration process and (2) maintain and update this information as needed to keep it current, complete and accurate. All such information shall be referred to as account information ("Account Information"). In the event of a charge back by a credit card company (or similar action by another payment provider allowed by us) in connection with the payments of the registration fee for your domain name registration, you agree and acknowledge that the domain name registration shall be transferred to Namecheap as the paying entity for that registration to the registry. We will reinstate your domain name registration solely at our discretion, and subject to our receipt of the initial registration or renewal fee and our then-current reinstatement fee, currently set at US$200. For more information, please click here. You will be notified via an email message or via your account information when renewal fees are due. Should these fees go unpaid within the time specified in a second notice or reminder regarding renewal, your registration will be cancelled. Payment must be made by credit card or such other method as we may indicate in the registration application or renewal form. We will not automatically renew your name unless you instruct us otherwise within the time specified and provide us with your payment information. As a courtesy, we will try to inform you of the domain expiration and you are responsible for renewing your domain before it expires. We might be able to recover your expired domain for a fees within a certain period after expiry. We will reinstate your rights to and control over these Services solely at our discretion, and subject to our receipt of the unpaid fee(s) and our then-current reinstatement fee, currently set at US $200. Reinstatement of Service(s) by your Primary Service Provider may be according to their terms.

Source: http://www.namecheap.com/legal/reg-agreement.asp

Last edited:
hottweelz said:
I still have no idea how to face 700 users. :eek:

I still have no idea how to handle this situation with a bunch of minors...
when you find his number give it to those 700 users.
his house will be flooded with at least 700 complaint calls :)

call parents, explain the situation, explain you could take legal mesures against their son and ask if this will be needed or they are ready to work with you. as simple as this.

I can see how that phone call goes.

"Now are you going to work with me, or am I going to have to get the friends at the FBI to work things out?"

:p

Settle

ok settle down guys

ok i first started hosting with a reseller from someone with megahost.info i got some people and thought org was more professionall so i got that

Then mega-host.org was registeres but i managed toi get it once they had expired as it was registered i had to move domains so then i got l33thost.com

ddlForum was a friend adveritsing for em

And in my namecheap i do not use my real name address etc.

I really do live in australia Western austria to be exact

I did directly contact hotweelz and he seemed like a nice guy

Any more questions reply here

A simple letter from a lawyer will prolly get their attention more than a phone call. (the parents that is)

Unless the parents are tech savy to some extent they may not know what HT would be referring to. A letter with some fancy letterhead with the words ATTORNEY AT LAW would however be considered a serious issue.

also phileportal is not hosted at webhostplus it is hosted in another country where copyright laws do not apply or are not applied strongly

Last edited:
Gavin, we do need to speak to your parents about what has happened, also need to find Doomachine2000's as well.

There's still thousands of dollars of damages, nevermind blood sweat and tears of 700 sites.

Think he meant HW, which would be HottWeelz.

You do know that providing false information on WHOIS records is technically illegal, right? It is also grounds for termination of your domain.

Did you pay NameCheap with a CC? If so, you had to use real information. Even with PayPal, if you don't use a CC, you use a bank account, which is always real information.

Phone number and stuff is accessible. If you know where to look. FBI sure know where.

Darn all i get out of this big dicussion is not to choose webhostplus who have buggy ticket system, god knows how many people like hotweelz exists out there right now.(by this i mean people facing same problem like hot.)

i used paypal i used the money i made from hosting

oh and thanks alot guys my paypals just been locked and i lost 1000$ us

Well i guess i deserve it for telling doom the system was easily exploitable

Well still im telling the truth i did not mean any harm the only reason i did it was to gain knowledge if ever i hacked in somewhere i would do it just to see if i could i would not or never think of deleting all your accounts cos as doom said when i got my hard disk upgraded they formatted me and i lost 2 thousand users and it has happen's more than once

Hope u all understand

What kind of concerns me is who else is affected that may not even know about it? HW didn't know until it was too late. You generally don't expect something like this to come from within a datacenter itself. And when you lose root and don't have the machine sitting right in front of you, you're basically screwed. Can't even yank the cable.

gavin, the issue right now is noth what bad luck happened to you or how bad webhostplus is or whatever.

it is about the situation you caused to hottwheelz
so get back to the point.
arrange for a conversation between your parents and hottwheelz

Re:

Wojtek said:
gavin, the issue right now is noth what bad luck happened to you or how bad webhostplus is or whatever.

it is about the situation you caused to hottwheelz
so get back to the point.
arrange for a conversation between your parents and hottwheelz

Im just bringing it up as a example to say i know what he is going thru

Also i would never do anything to cause harm to others im actually a very nice person and cant even hold grudges on people

kroboto said:
What kind of concerns me is who else is affected that may not even know about it? HW didn't know until it was too late. You generally don't expect something like this to come from within a datacenter itself. And when you lose root and don't have the machine sitting right in front of you, you're basically screwed. Can't even yank the cable.

It was'nt me that erased all his data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back