• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

jewlzk my vps is down for more that 2 days

Decker, I think your under-speculating but thats just me...
Im not out to get Roland or anything.. I dont even personaly know them! I really have no care if there company fails or keeps going stong.. Im judging this like Id judge anything.. Iv seen nothing but bad over the last month or so from the company, So Im trying to support the OP as best I can! Hence why I said
Saying that, I belive its Joe that runs the VPS part of it - So he might be better to contact.
Also Mods are people not robots, They have views and have as much right to speak them as us.

Last edited:
I pointed this thread out to him yesterday, And got no reply... Who knows what's going on, do they have a support phone #?

There is a daytime support telephone number on their website. I am not sure how much that helps the OP as he is not in the US, but there is a number.

Agreed. Flavio shouldn't be left in the dark like this. The least that could be done is a little update on his situation however it looks like it still hasn't happened. Perhaps in a few days?

All of you guys are correct. The client shouldnt be left in the dark like this whether it is a TOS violation or not. Its just simply bad business and unfair to flavio as the customer. I hope you get things sorted soon my friend good luck :beer:

Hopfully, For the sake of you and your clients you get this sorted out soon. Be sure to keep us updated!

The situation perceived from what's stated in this thread - is totally unacceptable. It sounds like a free hosting service who might fix the issue in a week?

You should expect a full refund for this month and move on to a different provider ASAP. One thing you could think about is off-site backups, it could have been very useful at times like these.

I feel sad for you Flavio. I have passed through the same kind long wait situations in the past with Jewlzk, luckly left them quickly.

Hope your VPS will be up soon.

Some days after....

See just the reply that i recieved:
JewlzK

due to a catastrophic drive failure from which we could not recover any customer data, I have built a new vps server. I created a client for you based on the information in the billing system and an initial vm with centos 4.x (I noticed from the old master that yours was listed as fedora, so you may want to wipe the centos and replace it with fedora)..the server it is on has changed ip addresses. the console server is at 216.139.83.252:8888
your ip's assigned from the ip pool are 216.139.83.106,107,108,123,124...
you should be able to access it with your old credentials that were recorded in the billing records....

Edwin Campbell
Sr. Systems Engineer
The Aldridge Company

----------------------------------------------

:(

What now i can do?
i cannot lost all my websites and business :(

i use the hypervm to make backups and server and like you can see:
http://jewlzk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=841&highlight=backups

"Hourly Backups - I like to keep the JewlzK team busy with projects, and one of them is hourly backups. Yes thats right HOURLY. Every hour all of your data will be backed up and stored on an off network server. Although its putting a lot of stress on our minds, hopefully it will ease yours.^"

So i like to know what i can do

This is unacceptable I would say. Why did they not update their forums if they had a drive failure? I saw your post is still not replied in their forums. Do they have any explanation for this?

VPS with absolutely no backup redundancy? And no apology or any signs of regret.

Never mind hourly backups if you are going to receive a reply 4 years later.

I had 2 dedicated servers with them and a backup VPS. My dedicated servers were not affected, however I also got the same email about the VPS server being 'rebuilt'. I was going to keep the 2 dedicated servers for my projects, however looking at things as they are, this is just totally unacceptable and I'm of course canceling anything I have with Jewlzk.

However I took some intuitive and totally moved everything to Liquidweb and Wiredtree and serverorigin for backups. Flavio, if you need any help, please contact me. Hopefully that hourly backup of Jelwzk' is there for you to get your data back. :(

Last edited:
if i dont have all my data back... so i will end my hosting company, im a nice person and i will pay to all customers that are hosted with me because the big problem.

i will wait a rmore eply from jewlzk because the backuos

I guess i would question why the dc would contact you? Or did Roland send you their reply-- which is also weird.

A couple of weeks ago we had the same issue- hard drive failures. We have since learned are lesson and moved to a RAID configuration :)

I know they use hypervm - which allows customers(if enabled) to make backups-- Maybe they made a backup of your vps?

Good luck-- I hope you can salvage your customer base.

Thanks,
Adam

Hard drive failures seem to be the same excuse as before.
As I always say, I have nothing against Roland. He's a top guy. But this is just gone beyond the joke!
How can they boast being a reputable company, or a company at all, when they are constantly letting their customers down? It's just not on.

I hope you get your backups, and when you do, you find a good company and go with them.

HyperVM backups are made on the same server as your VPS is located - So if your main data is gone, so is your backups.

Back