• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Skylar at it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan Mclay

Nlc You Say?
NLC
Just thought i would post this after getting shequeitas approval to do so

Crissic.com (skylars site) has ripped our template and his second site rip in about 4 months.

Compare screenshot 2 with - http://geekrack.net/managed.php

Screenshots -:

crissican0.gif

He was dumb enough to leave our site name on the managed services page, Out of all of us MCT will be the most pissed of at this as the amount of work he spent on this has been massive.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update... I still do not understand why people gotta do this...

I know I was stuck $300 when my one designer stole an website way back in 2004-5ish..

But I always tried to check it out.. That is a plain open notice so thats very upsetting to see.

Complete idiot

What a fool, I would luagh at the person. Well That show's his stupidity. And he complain's about other's but cannot sort him self out. I remember him saying sorry, When he had ripped of a template from james at sitemanaged.

Skylar a quick answer: Go with free ones if you can not afford it.

Actually if you take a read over the description on the servers thats a rip, im really really disappointed with Skylar. When confronted about it he stated that this was "place holder" pages, what a joke!

I am posting on Skylar's behalf, to help clear some things up. Skylar had changed the Shoutcast page two days ago, after communicating clearly stating that it was being a placeholder, and had been changed after Jordan talked to him about that page. The Management page had been edited and re-uploaded last night, and Skylar has proof that he did in fact pay in full for the design on the website. Skylar was under the impression that Geek Rack’s had been aware of the "placeholder" pages, and they had been in fact updated prior to the above post being made. For those interested, you can load up the site and see that it is in fact changed. Any further changes can be communicated directly to Skylar, not over a forum where it is childish to post such items, before checking that it was in fact switched before they had been "snooping around" on said website. As far as the list for the "managed" area, that you cannot exactly claim to be yours as it is just a list of items."

Lol, I think we all are. He got a very nice design too, Unless he ripped that too lol. I just feel sorry for his client's, They better start moving or get ready for a suspension unless he remove's it. *Good Like clients*

Last edited by a moderator:
He told me he removed it a few days ago, did he just steal wording? That's not exactly a crime. (Well, not really in this case) It doesn't appear to be there still, just trying to make people aware of his shenanigans?

I thought that he don't do this type of stupid act's. Well i am wrong. I guess he should mind his own business and not accuse other people too. I had great looking's towards cirissic too.

I don't see the screenshot..

Either way I use Crissic for a lot of my hosting now; lots of accounts with them.

Since I purchased it there has been nothing wrong with it. And Skylar is a great guy to work with. In fact, I've looked into everything on the site and under their contracts they are allowed to use what they have on the site. I don't personally see 'anything' wrong with the site at all.

At least, tell me how they've hurt your service in any way.

Crissic can't be blamed for everything. Just an honest review.

They have not hurt me in anyway. I think i went over the top. *SORRY CRISSIC* But i am just very angry what they did with GeekRack.

That's all

So stealing page content is alright ?, Im not wanting to host bash but this aint really acceptable in this day and age and could easily bring on a lawsuit.

Who said stealing page content is alright?

Why'd you bring it up here? Go tell Crissic about it. Whether Skylar's 10 or 100 they have good tech support so far. They'll take care of the problem.

Plus that managed hosting page is literally something you can pull off the internet anywhere in my opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back