• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Skylar at it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you so worried. When someone does a somthing BAD, especcialy with one of my friend i dont let go. Jeez his copied the text.

Ridiculous!

I asked him about his package pages being similar to yours and he said you gave them permission.

This is directly quoted "Ah thats how they HAD it -- Shequieta let me use it"

Note: I am not talking about the management page, I am talking about the package specs page they had in the past.

Last edited:
He is a complete lier, his words when i confronted him about ripping one of our pages the last time (shoutcast page) "shhh im not finished editing it lol dont tell shequeita"

Where exactly are we going with this topic? I'm a new member to this community and I want to build a reputation and all but is this what this community does? The professional thing to do would of been to contact him using telephone support or even E-Mail and talking it out like adults not amongst everyone in the community in this thread.

That's it pixel!

Jordon, go talk to Skylar about it, don't complain..

Reporting this thread.

This isnt complaining this is public discussion of a topic that is pertinent to this forum. ie web hosting. Do a bit of research this isnt the first time he's done this, that thread wasnt removed and i doubt this one will be either.

It's sad to see another host stealing content and acting so childish about it. It's not hard to think of your own hosting plans or page content.

Give him a chance to breathe. And technically speaking it appears he copied text, not the design? If he offers the same service, why not list the same features? :D XFH-Jay has a point.

You don't need to double post every time. A simple edit would work.

If he can't respond here obviously here is the place he is banned from.

The dedicated plans for both providers are burst.net so they would be the same. A content copy isn't exactly a legal offense. Unless it's a massive publication, taking large portions.

The dedicated plans for both providers are burst.net so they would be the same. A content copy isn't exactly a legal offense. Unless it's a massive publication, taking large portions.
That's true. They're both burst resellers as well, so I guess it's the same? not sure..

Crissic isn't a Burst reseller, he buys his servers from us and is our client.

He buys from us and adds a cut on top of the price

I have known skylar a while now, hes a good guy. He always helps me when I'm stuck with something, always offers his advice and his opinions.

Yes, hes only 15 but most of the time, i would believe he was older than me. His company is very popular, he is making a fair bit of money, how many 15 year olds do you know that do that? He must be doing something right!

I know he has done wrong by ripping your text, but if he is reselling your services then wouldn't he also be selling the things mentioned on that page? So to let his customers know what they are getting, he copied the list from your page so he didn't miss anything out, is that really that bad? I mean, its not really illegal. I'm pretty sure if you look around you will find other hosting companies saying the exact same thing on their site, are they here trying to humiliate you? no.

I guess its just the way this forum works, there's that many hosts here crawling all over each other for clients. When one host makes a small mistake, it must be made public, nobody is satisfied until the reputation of the host has gone downhill. Is this not host bashing?

Geekrack, if i went and posted a topic now about your company, saying stupid, childish things about it, would you not want that topic removed?

Reputation is very important to a hosting company, its the thin line between client or no client, who are you to spoil that for crissic over something so small and trivial? Yes, he did it before, but that was a $500 template, not a few lines of text.

Think what you want about me now, i don't care. All i know is some people on this forum seriously need to grow up. People bash the 15 year olds that sell hosting, why? When there's people as old as me acting like 5 year olds...

This forum seriously needs a good clean up.

Oh, and geekrack. If i ever find a flaw in your company, i will be sure to make sure the whole community knows about it ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back