• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Skylar at it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crissic isn't a Burst reseller, he buys his servers from us and is our client.

He buys from us and adds a cut on top of the price

I am not sure if it's healthy practice for a host to name a reselling client in public, then state that he "adds a cut on top of price" from your plans.

If I was the client, I would not be so happy. oldman2

I stand corrected James and applogise to skylar for that statement, his server is just hosted with us but he is a reseller for Burst as of now.

Appologies skylar

"Oh, and geekrack. If i ever find a flaw in your company, i will be sure to make sure the whole community knows about it ok?"

Now that is what you call childish stan, yes skylar is a nice guy and you wouldnt know he was a 15 year old but what he did is morally wrong if what he said is true that the page he copied is available from burst then why didn't he copy it from them as he left "geekrack networks" in the page the same with the shoutcast page

Last edited:
This thread is going to continue to go no where. As I posted in the other thread if you cannot get in contact with Skylar, please contact me as soon as possible.

the whole point is that this is not the first time Skylar has done something like this. simple as that. this should not be a bashing on him either, but, more of info on the type of activities he is performing. that is all i am gong to say for now.

Why are you backing up skylar?

Why dont you tell him and inform him this is a wrong action to do.

He has been complaining about many users too, Unless all them users have been a fake. Skylar just grow up! If you want text to put on your site, Come to me i will give u a some text to place on!

Jeez

If you contact me whatever you need change will be changed. We don't have to discuss anything, just make me a list of things that need to be changed.

I hate to get involved, but I think you guys are getting a little extreme with this. I'd be angry too, but a simple talk with Crissic Support could have gotten it sorted out. Regardless of the excuses he gives you, if the page gets changed it won't matter. As for the legal threat i've seen... I think all a judge would do is have him change it.

As much as i agree with you David, it doesn't set a good example if the owner of the company aint willing to change

I will have shequeita contact you regarding this (crissic support btw) thankyou for your co-operation if only skylar was like yourself.

Last edited:
Ok. Here it is in a nutshell.

Now, I have good time for Geek Rack and the staff and we get along well both on and off of FWS. But I must state something here.

Copying text from another site to "fill the page" or whatever the reason, is not a big thing. Many webmasters do. Heck I have done it a few times.
To come on here and make a big deal out of absolutely nothing is way out of line IMHO.

Now, I don't know this skyler bloke or his company. I just heard of them. So what if he is only 15. As mentioned before, he is making money. He is obviously doing something most of us, including myself are not doing. More luck to him is what I say. If he keeps it going he could have a major company on his lap by the time he reaches 21.

Issues such as copying or borrowing text from one site to fill a gap is not, by any means, unethical nor is it, as far as I can see, Copyright Infringement. Get over it and move on. Contact their Support as suggested and have it dealt with.

Dan, i would like to thanks for re-opening this thread, and you make some good points. But, it actually does violate DMCA rules to even copy the text. it is digital copyright. so, he is breaking the law. and this may be less serious over stealing a $500 template, but, when we have repeatedly contacted Skylar outside of FWS, and he has not responded, it doesnt look good. yes, i think this thread should and could have been handled a little differently, but, this is what happens when threads like this go up unfortunately. thanks for the input though, it is always appreciated. :beer:

Skylar stated to me, and I have noticed on his website, that he did infact change said items on his website before this thread was even put up. Jordan, who works for GeekRack, was communicating with him over the matter days before the post was up, and Skylar co-operated by removing the content that was so called "GeekRack's". You can check for yourself that it is infact gone. Jordan willingly posted this on FWS KNOWING that Skylar is unable to reply to this thread because he was banned for 1 month over an ad. It is unfair, and unethical to post a thread on a site that they willingly know he cannot reply to, and is pointless to be posting a thread about content that was removed two days ago

You dont know the full story stan, skylar copied the whole of our shoutcast page i confronted him and he agreed to change it.

3 days later and skylar done it again, after telling him is that not a bit silly ?

I agree however it would be worse if he actually ripped a full template, I am not trying to bash skylar as he is a good guy apart from this and is working wonders for crissic.

I issue a public appology to skylar on my behalf and hope this doesn't happen again.

Regards,

Jordan.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back