• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Skylar at it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@James, crissic has changed the page at this point, so, it wont look the same anymore, but, he had an identical copy of wording and even layout prior to the thread opening. i have screen shots of other pages of this same issue. and yeah, there are a lot of similar pages, but, it was identical.

My point being most of GeekRack's wording and sentences on their ShoutCast page does not appear to be their own.

Identical? There are identical paragraphs in all those pages mentioned.

Let's look at the facts, not over-blowing this matter needlessly, especially somebody who can't reply to this thread to defend himself.

Hey,

Skylar tried 'stealing' the Kayako owned license I was selling, with clients he might be great, but stealing content is how he gains them in this case.

Jordan willingly posted this on FWS KNOWING that Skylar is unable to reply to this thread because he was banned for 1 month over an ad. It is unfair, and unethical to post a thread on a site that they willingly know he cannot reply to, and is pointless to be posting a thread about content that was removed two days ago

And what makes you think that? How is it unethical to talk on a forum that is made for hosting discussions? Isn't this a host related discussion?

Sorry I didn't join in to start defending somebody but, if one is to make any accusations about anybody, they should provide solid proof. I haven't seen anything solid, just words flying about. "He's dodgy, believe me". We all know he can be dodgy but if you want to accuse, show us the evidence!

Really when did he try and do that? I wonder if his WHMCS is not stolen too

he did it right before Hugo Kurt and I purchased it. thanks again mate. :D

Sorry I didn't join in to start defending somebody but, if one is to make any accusations about anybody, they should provide solid proof. I haven't seen anything solid, just words flying about. "He's dodgy, believe me". We all know he can be dodgy but if you want to accuse, show us the evidence!

go look at the dedicated servers page, and the dedicated specials page, and another one i cant think of off the top og my head, but, if they havent been changed yet, you can see the exact same wording, and if it was changed, i have the screen shots. also, i know the nave is a dynamic drive menu, but, it is odd that it had the exact same links, in the exact same place till it was recently modded too. so, there is your proof. just go search around on the site a little James. yes, the type of nav is common and all over the place, it was the fact he copied it from the site with the same nave order and everything else.

Last edited:
Crissic apparently resells GeekRack's dedicated servers... So what is wrong with listing the same features? I don't think they own the rights to a list of features.

Any decent root provider providing reselling services to its clients wouldn't mind their client copying the list of features... Some even let TOS be copied.

The OP also mentioned that ShoutCast page is the biggest problem. Well the paragraphs from the GeekRack page clearly does not appear to be written originally by GeekRack themselves so...

There's nothing I see which you can claim a DMCA for.

Should Skylar answer something? I think he should.
he is b& as of right now.
Crissic apparently resells GeekRack's dedicated servers... So what is wrong with listing the same features? I don't think they own the rights to a list of features.

Any decent root provider providing reselling services to its clients wouldn't mind their client copying the list of features... Some even let TOS be copied.

The OP also mentioned that ShoutCast page is the biggest problem. Well the paragraphs from the GeekRack page clearly does not appear to be written originally by GeekRack themselves so...

There's nothing I see which you can claim a DMCA for.

he should put the menu in a different order, or at least make sure it is cool to list the exact same way. now that it is slightly different, i see no problem there. as for copy and past text from the other pages, besides shoutcast, that is DMCA. i am not trying to take either side, but, it is annoying that he repeatedly rips stuff from others.

Having it listed in a different order doesn't make it any better IMO.

Sorry, I still don't see how a list of features can be grounds for DMCA. Never seen or heard such a thing in my life.

ok, well, this thread has become pretty pointless aat this point, and all you are doing it trying to contradict any evidence put in front of you at this point, so, thread should just be closed.

Mods, please...

This is getting pointless now. He can't even come here and defend his website, and it's just a bunch of banter.

You got the point across after the first 1 or 2 pages on here. You can read through this to see everything, and there should not be anything else needed to say.

/Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back