• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

About vps.net

Peo

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I've been recommending vps.net a few times here during the last 6 months. I thought I'll give an update since some not so good things just happened.

Ok, so what happened today?

Not sure, and they don't even know. But more than 100 vps customers have been down for 10 hours now. I have two sites down at the moment. And if you don't have a backup, it is possible that you will have lost your data. What makes the situation worse is that their backup solutions have not been working properly during the last two weeks.

They have some impressive features and I hope they will get their act together soon. I would advice anyone considering vps.net to wait a few months atleast. Maybe they have sorted out their issues by then.

It's due to SAN software issues - I keep stressing to people - VPS.net is *not* true cloud and be under no illusion that it is in anyway.

SAN software issues should *NOT* affect a full cloud setup, it's a disgrace and it's proven the point.

25 hours later my server is finally up. But with a couple of days old backup since some of their backup solutions failed.

And if you don't have a backup, it is possible that you will have lost your data. What makes the situation even worse is that their backup solutions have not been working properly during the last two weeks...

I'm not the one to defend this web host, because they are very aggressive, something I do not like, but if a customer has not purchased a back-up, they they should not expect to get it.

As a hosting provider,they should take the responsibility to backup for customers periodical.
I would expect any company like this to at least hold monthly backups.

This just shows the failure of their fake-cloud. You should never lose storage in a SAN setup, never.

It is sad story. I suppose it worth to rely on the web hosting company, but at the same time it worth to keep all your backup with you. That is just recommended.

To clarify, my overall experience with vps.net has been good during the last 8 months I've been with them. This incident was obviously not so good. But most hosts run into some kind of problems from time to time. We've had power outages here at ThePlanet and other issues in the past.

I have received a SLA credit for this and I think they've done what they could to resolve the problem.

To clarify, my overall experience with vps.net has been good during the last 8 months I've been with them. This incident was obviously not so good. But most hosts run into some kind of problems from time to time. We've had power outages here at ThePlanet and other issues in the past.

I have received a SLA credit for this and I think they've done what they could to resolve the problem.

You are very good (loyal) client seems to be. Nice to here everything alright now.

It's really good you are trying to be objective.
I guess the issue like that shouldn't destroy 8 months of quality service you've received from them.

It will be a good idea to do a Search on their domain and find as much as possible reviews about them and then weigh cons and pros about them.

Back