• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New Forum Section Proposal

Is it a good idea?

• Great idea, why didnt I think of it.

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Stupid idea, i cant believe how dumb you are.

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
It's a brilliant idea, i'd love to post a load of scripts i've done in the past, let users have something for free, which this forum is all about. Don't be so stubben you mardy mods XD

I'm open to the idea of a new subforum, but I still think the new vB version with thread tags will be enough. Can you specify some threads you have in mind that should be moved to a new potential subforum?

http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2193889 -> Writing/distributing windows programs with php, could and should be extended but it got lost ....

That's a good one, but links need updating for downloads, theres a pretty good server status script somewhere links are broken and source is gone, if it's moved I'll rewrite the source in the next couple of days...

Most of the ones I wrote that link to krakjoe.com will have broken links ... phpCompile-beta is gone ( Colin you have a copy ?? ), phpcompile still exists though ...

my cP Creator one, Krakjoes vast amount of free scripts like the forced ads. I can dig out some old scripts post em up.

Peo i think that the new vb will take a good few month to go gold

Ok, yes I guess it can take a while. I'll give it some more thought. If you have any objections to a new subforum, please post here.

My objection is that I think the Programming section is not active enough to warrant a subforum and we have too many forums already. On the other hand it makes sense to have the valuable threads containing free scripts prominently displayed and easy to find.

I'll start posting every complex programming question I come up with. Not because I can't find the answer on Google, but because I want to stimulate forum activity.

My objection is that I think the Programming section is not active enough to warrant a subforum and we have too many forums already. On the other hand it makes sense to have the valuable threads containing free scripts prominently displayed and easy to find.

Couple of times I made threads and they've had a considerable amount of views and quite a lot of interest, but they have been lost inbetween all the help threads, so that puts me off making informative threads about stuff, if people ask I'll tell em, but theres no point me spending my time making decent threads for them to just be lost in the crap ..... I can think of a hundred good threads that people would read and be grateful for but I don't have anywhere good to put them, I'm sure others are the same .... programming is a complex subject, and everyone fancies themself as a programmer, this being a webhosting forum, almost every one of your patrons has some invested interest in web programmig at least, I feel the programming section would be more active if there was some sort of organization, like a ready made script forum, tutorials forum and a help forum, instead of everything going in the same basket and ending up at the bottom ...

That's good to hear :) I'm not the only one with lots of expertise that people can benefit from and am sure the programming section could be one of the most active sections of the site ...

The SEO subforum could always go... It hasnt been used for 18 days now...
Like they could really be merged with the Ad forum or something.. Since hardly any of them ever get used, Just a idea if you dont like having to many forums

Last edited:
Found a copy of phpCompile.zip Joe if your still looking for it, time stamped 12 March 2007 if that's the one your looking for.

This is a hosting forum though :S

Well observed.

However, not well thought about; a large portion of the users of freewebspace.net are hostees which is what makes the hosting forums so active. A large sector of those users, as webmasters, who need hosting, also have an interest in web programming, the safety of their site, plugins for the software they use etc. And most if not all of the hosters have some interest in how their business is run, managing their clients, their machines, their services. All of which requires programming.

Found a copy of phpCompile.zip Joe if your still looking for it, time stamped 12 March 2007 if that's the one your looking for.

phpCompile I have, phpCompile-beta that uses php5 instead of php4 I do not ... if anyone has a copy please forward it to me, it should be in an archive named phpCompile-beta.zip, it's a console application without a gui ...

Last edited:
I'll start posting every complex programming question I come up with. Not because I can't find the answer on Google, but because I want to stimulate forum activity.

that would be what the programming help section is for, not the section we are proposing. :p

Personally I think it would benefit alot of us to see such a section where scripts can be posted for others to use for free or where people can request custom scripts for their project. Good idea.

Back