• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. 9

Blocking Ip Addresses

Any host that allows PHP / Perl will be able to do that if you make you pages in php/perl and include a few lines. Otherwise you would need to find one that allows .httacess and you could block using it. Do a search on the net and you'll find plenty of resources on how to do it. There's a...
  2. 9

How to create your own webhost

1. Majority of Cable/ADSL companies do NOT permit the use of servers on there connections. Many go as far as to block port 80 (Default HTTP port) 2. Your computers gonna be on 24/7 which on windows isn't gonna happen. 3. When starting a free host remember abuse will kill it within a...
  3. 9

9cy.com

9cy.com does not support PHP anymore. It would come up as a download page. It parse's PHP as a file download for security.
  4. 9

FtP ImPoRT

redo the html and take out the - or _'s simple enough just do a mass find replace. No other way its not going to reconise them that or upload them via the manager.cgi.
  5. 9

Looking for simple free host

All files are deleted every 48 hours from ftp. Once you import them there no longer on FTP there in your account in a different directory.
  6. 9

i need free web hosting

Actually I haven't given free hosting to them... some still paying. I stoped taking new clients on because it would have caused problems. At the time I was only online a couple of minutes a day which for a hosting company is just not enough time for supporting users. This is a good reason to...
  7. 9

FtP ImPoRT

Simple enough Just create a dir using your file manager.cgi. Call it images. Then uplaod the images to your base dir in the ftp accoutn. Then login to your manager.cgi go to the images dir then ftp import the files accross.
  8. 9

New Free Host - 50MB, SSI, no ads

Couple of flaws in that..... I never created nor destroyed peyros.com happen to know the owner did help him a little but never even had access to anything on it. 9CY.net hasn't actually gone under. I just don't take new people because there's so many decent paid hosts out there and I didn't...
  9. 9

New Free Host - 50MB, SSI, no ads

Couple of flaws in that..... I never created nor destroyed peyros.com happen to know the owner did help him a little but never even had access to anything on it. 9CY.net hasn't actually gone under. I just don't take new people because there's so many decent paid ho
  10. 9

Space + File size limit.

Whats fair how much would you realy need for your site. I was thinking 50 megs space 1 meg file limit. FTP would be import ads would be none mabe some later but most likly just stay ad free. File types would be account set so you request whatever you need and there added to your...
  11. 9

Is my host on Rackshack?

There on at&t bandwidth which is high quality. There not on rackshack. You could allways take a wild stab and just ask them where they have there servers mosts hosts will tell you.
  12. 9

WorldzonePro

Thanks
  13. 9

WorldzonePro

They seemed to have been down for a good while. I've seen the first email about it all but the sites been down a good long time now. I can't get any emails to there support as there site doesn't load. Anyone got any idea when its gonna be fixed? Any compensation for all the down time ? Not...
  14. 9

WorldZonePro Question

You can add more domains from the control panel on the silver plan it is 6. I would add there service and speed is top quality.
  15. 9

C-Hosting are cheaters

You realy haven't learnt from your experiance of the 1$/month host, I mean seriously your not going to get a quality host at 1.75/year. Its just not posible nor feasible the servers will be overloaded and as soon as something goes wrong no one will have a clue how to fix it.
  16. 9

www.hawkinshosting.com

Its imposible to run a site on a One off fee system, just not profitable. Forgetting about that Record last updated 09-23-2002 02:24:02 PM Record expires on 03-19-2003 Record created on 03-19-2002 There very new. Cheap rarely ends up being better.
  17. 9

I,m not technical man ! so I want your help

Difference with icon's and the like is once they have been loaded once they are stored in cache on 95% of computers so the images won't count as transfer after the first time you load the page. It saves alot of transfer if you get alot of return visitors. As for the original question...
  18. 9

muttle.com has no ftp?

Actually this is incorrect the way that perl and php control panels work is they can uplod to directorys (The users home page) using the server. With 9cy's old system there was 8000 user accounts but only 1 FTP account. It is posible to setup scripts that will upload files and you don't...
  19. 9

Which CP Do you Prefer?

Used Plesk and CPanel. Personally I don't like CPanel but its sposed to be easier to use. Plesk is ok but it just screws around with the server when you want to edit something you gota check that it won't kill plesk. Mabe I just had a bad install but the software was more problems than the...
  20. 9

Host that allows you to offer free space?

Somewhere like valcato.net offer's very cheap reseller accounts. I've seen plenty under the 20$/month limit. You could just get a normal hosting account and offer free sub domains off your account. Most CPanel/Ensim hosts offer this feature and with so many cheap Ded Servers now adays a plan can...
Back