• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

» Need free hosting for a single adult movie file (rotation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theater

I have an adult site which is not hardcore, but not something for younger audiences to see. It is primarily forum based, but I have a program installed that acts as a homepage before they enter the forums. On that page I wish to have a "Clip of the Week" which will rotate one clip per week.

I only need 1 file hosted per week like I stated above, but I need the file size limit to be at least 2mb+. Obviously, the bigger the file size limit, the better for me. I would like to perhaps work a deal with another hosting company so that the "Clip of the Week" image links to a download page instead of the file itself.

This way you may put whatever advertisement you want in order to be compensated for your space & transfer. This site is not actually live at the moment because I just switched hosts, and I am currently updating the look of the site. But the site has gotten over 2,000,000 hits per month before, and with this new look it should continue with that hit mark.

You may PM me if you need a link to the site, or further description of what the site is about. Thank you for your time, take care everyone.

I'm not interested in abusing any free host. I merely want to make a fair deal with a host that can provide me a small patch of space, and good transfer limit. A host company on Cogent would probably do well with this deal considering their transfer is probably unmetered, or really high up there.

cdiweb.us has a adult sites section, but u would have to talk to jon to see if you could get a larger file size

I certainly would consider a few hundred thousand hits for a 2 MB+ movie to be "abusing a free host", especially since Theater is not hosting his whole site there. Perhaps if you were a free host, you'd like someone sucking up some 150 GB of transfer, which seems to be what Theater is doing here, but I certainly consider it abuse. It certainly is not "uncalled for", and I recommend that Theater get a paid host who is willing to host his movies.

I don't see how it is abuse when I clearly state my intentions, and in fact offer a deal in exchange for their services. Again, this shouldn't be a big deal for those hosts who use Cogent's unmetered transfer service. I am not asking to host my entire site there because it is already on a paid host. I simply want to find a little way to cut costs by making an advertisement deal with a host, and with you saying I'm out to abuse them, I doubt that's going to happen now. If you were not going to suggest a host to talk to, then maybe you should not have replied.

Originally posted by Theater
I don't see how it is abuse when I clearly state my intentions, and in fact offer a deal in exchange for their services. Again, this shouldn't be a big deal for those hosts who use Cogent's unmetered transfer service. I am not asking to host my entire site there because it is already on a paid host. I simply want to find a little way to cut costs by making an advertisement deal with a host, and with you saying I'm out to abuse them, I doubt that's going to happen now. If you were not going to suggest a host to talk to, then maybe you should not have replied.

I apologize for the mistake; I guess it's really not abuse if you clearly state your intentions and offer something in exchange. I thought you wanted us to recommend a free host (which I did do, by the way) that would allow that sort of practice. You might get a few offers from some generous hosts, but I would doubt it. Allow me to explain my perspective (don't know if this is right or wrong, it's just how I see it at the moment). Most free hosts using Cogent are also using Rackshack. The problem is that while Cogent may provide unlimited transfer, Rackshack certainly doesn't (on their default plan, I believe the limit is 400 GB a month). Now, if you understand what I'm saying, your movie clips may, by themselves, use around 1/4 of that amount. Generally, though, hosts that go for a better server don't go for Cogent in the end.

Thank you :)

Yes, I do see your point on my clips taking up a lot of transfer for really any host to handle. How about this idea then? The host may put a download limit on the "Clip of the Week" movie file. Like for the 2mb file size, the host puts a max cap of 5,000 downloads and then it stops downloading for people. I would state that the first 5,000 would be able to get the file on the download page where the host's advertisements are at. Does that sound like a more reasonable deal?

I found a host that will give me 1gb of space and 50gb of bandwidth to start with. I only need 5mb max for my single clip, but that's what he's giving me... :confused:

Thank you, there is no need to continue this thread any longer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back