• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

10 years of Yahoo! What it looked like from 1996 until now.

Wow, yahoo had some dignity back then. Sure beats the over-crowded site today. Yahoo has become a generic brand for everything, they sold out completely. Google still has integrity. Now that site loads fast.

Hmm let's see, you go to yahoo and it covered in links and ads. You go to google, and you get what you came for, a search engine and some company links, that's it.

Google has stayed pretty much the same for 10 years.

Logo
Links
Search Bar
Copyright

Very simple and quick loading.

edit
how come the last one on that trail thing is AOL?

I was never a yahoo person. Dunno, the name just didn't appeal to me. Altavista was my number one choice engine before google.

Friend of mine was offered an executive position at some small startup company called Yahoo about 8-9 years ago. Instead he took a support job at Novell. Ouch.

yahoo is ok

They offer more stuff I dont use them as a search place but yeah
They offer more services for n00bs than people like us hence why there still so big
There not that much in to the programing communitry etc as google is

There 2 totaly differnt companys made for differnt things thats why they both are still so big.

You know what its not worth fighting over whos the best as they both have advertisements on their sites. The only diff is that google has the adds in a simple way and yahoo has more flashy adds.

Anyways every one has their pint of view

Friend of mine was offered an executive position at some small startup company called Yahoo about 8-9 years ago. Instead he took a support job at Novell. Ouch.
Ouch too.

I used to use Yahoo before Google... but I rarely searched at that time so it didn't make much difference. Anyway Yahoo sure has gone a long way.

Back