• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

1TB email account

Just trying to capitalize on Gmail... again. The problem is people don't seem to realize much of the appeal of Gmail is that it's Gmail... it's Google's e-mail service. Google runs it. And that, coupled with the GB of space and really spiffy features, makes it popular. Something like "Hellacious Riders" is not that.

Interesting, I wonder if any user will manage to fill up their account? The 1TB of space does seem like a gimmick to me; I don't think this motorcycle group will deliver on their promises.

It is a gimmick Koolguy, an extremely large HD today is around 300gbs. Now it would take 3.33 HD's just to support 1 FREE account. So if you have 100 free accounts, you would need over 350 HD's in that server.

hriders.com is most likely making the correct assumption that most people do not have 1TB of data at their disposal; however, I am sure that a small group of users will prove them wrong, killing this mail service in the process.

hmmmm... if i had more time on my hands, i would create an account and spend all day sending 5mb attachments to the account. sending 200 5mb files a day would get 30GB in a month.

or........ setup a domain with catchall email and have it forward to that account. send one email to 200,000 different aliases. *evil laughter*

But, lucky i don't have that kinda of time on my hands.

bozley05 said:
hmmmm... if i had more time on my hands, i would create an account and spend all day sending 5mb attachments to the account. sending 200 5mb files a day would get 30GB in a month.

or........ setup a domain with catchall email and have it forward to that account. send one email to 200,000 different aliases. *evil laughter*

But, lucky i don't have that kinda of time on my hands.
why not just set up a small script or program to send a 5mb attachment or very, very big email infinite amounts of times, in an infinite loop?

Back